The Guilty Dead by P. J. Tracy

The Guilty Dead

by P. J. Tracy

I was so glad that PJ Tracy decided to continue writing the Monkeywrench series. This story was a bit different as it highlighted Detectives Gino Rolseth and Leo Magozzi. Leo and Monkeywrench founder Grace MacBride are going to become parents any day now. Grace and her three computer geek friends are in the process of developing a program to help law enforcement more easily deal with terrorist threats. Leo and Gino are called in to deal the possible suicide of a very wealthy influential businessman. Politicians, Revenge, bombers and grieving families make this a very confusing case for the detectives.

I really enjoyed this novel. It wasn’t quite as action packed, but still contained lots of twists and turns to keep me reading. The best thing is that it wasn’t as graphically violent as earlier books in the series. I’m not a fan of overly violent books. I look forward to more of this series. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Feb 13, 2019 |
This is an entertaining police procedural crime thriller set in the present time. The story begins with several murders which are disguised as accidental drug overdoses and a suicide. The subsequent police investigation moves at a brisk pace through to an exciting and mildly surprising conclusion.
The story is almost entirely plot-driven with little character development. Of course, character development was probably done in the previous eight books in this series. This book can be read as a standalone without difficulty and may encourage a newcomer to the series to read the earlier books.
Recommended.
___________________
Thanks to the publisher, Crooked Lane Books, and Netgalley for providing a copy of the eBook. The comments are my own. ( )
  BrianEWilliams | Oct 25, 2018 |
It appears I'm growing tired with this series. I know authors need to cater a little bit to new readers but the relationship between Harley and Roadrunner in this book is ridiculous, like they barely know each other and have to man-splain things to each other just so new readers will understand what's going on. The technology involved is very briefly explained, which is fine with me. The daughter half of this writing duo can still tell a good story with humor but I preferred Grace when she was wary of everyone and I'm not looking forward to a baby entering the Monkeewrench crew. Time for me to move on! ( )
  bookappeal | Oct 18, 2018 |
I am once again very grateful to NetGalley for providing me with a Kindle copy of this book to read and honestly review. I am especially grateful because they have re-introduced me to the "Monkeewrech" gang, of which this is book 9 in the series. I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first 4 books, and then for some inexplicable reason lost touch for around ten years. Actually i suspect that books 5 and 6 are in boxes in the loft, unfortunately there are at present three bookshelves in the bedroom full to bursting with books waiting to be read, but after finishing this excellent thriller a trip to the loft may be in order.
For those of you out there who have not yet read any of the series, let me assure you this book could be read as a standalone story without spoiling your enjoyment, though expect to find yourself hooked and wanting more. As usual the characterisation is superb, a plot full of twists and surprise, fast paced and gripping from first to last, with action and drama a plenty. Topical with a terrorist plot to bomb Minnesota seemingly imminent and our heroes providing the FBI with there expert computer skills to identify suspects, but could Gino and Magozzi's murder mystery and possible cold case error be linked, i will say no more to spoil my fellow readers enjoyment.
Completely and utterly recommended. ( )
  Gudasnu | Oct 14, 2018 |
The Guilty Dead – A Fast Paced Thriller

Who knew that Minnesota could be so interesting and exciting? Not often portrayed in crime thrillers but such a pleasant change from the usual places. The Guilty Dead is a fast- paced thriller with plenty of twists and turns and the occasional surprise. What I do like about female writers, there is always a decent body count.

Robert Norwood richer than God, business man, family man and close friend to a candidate for State Governor, is found dead. Apparently, a suicide, well it would be if dead men could wipe the gun clean after shooting himself. With more blood found by the pool outside something is certainly not right in paradise.

Gus is on a mission, one that will see revenge happen, and put right the things that had ripped his family apart many years ago. The anger clouds his judgement, even though he knows he holds all the cards, or does he?

Detectives Gino and Magozzi have got their work cut out, have they got one death or more? How far back to do they need to go to get a handle on what is happening? Magozzi as well as having a couple of homicides to investigate he is worried about his partner Grace, pregnant with his child.

The FBI are also running around the state searching for a terrorist especially as they believe an attack on the city of Minneapolis is imminent. All roads could lead to the same suspect, but nobody is sure if this is domestic terrorism or something else. Little did the police, or the FBI know they would need each other and even then, would they get the person or people and halt an attack.

This is a brilliant thriller, a proper page turner that keeps the reader engaged, with such an ingenious plot. The characters are well written and the dialogue brilliant, this is definitely a write who knows what she is doing. ( )
  atticusfinch1048 | Oct 8, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,356,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible