5 Worlds Book 2: The Cobalt Prince by Mark…

5 Worlds Book 2: The Cobalt Prince

by Mark Siegel

Series: 5 Worlds (2)

Again, beautiful artwork intertwined with a whimsical world and magical ones save the world story. I really enjoyed the first volume and this one was good as well but suffered from some massive info-dumps. If not for the illustrations, I would have taken longer to finish this. I will admit some of my annoyance may have been because it's been so long since I read the first volume.
I didn't like how Jax completely disappeared but if vol 3 shows it was worth it, I will allow it. Also, why did Jessa have to sacrifice herself? I understand there has to be a dramatic oompf! ending, but I'm disappointed. I think Oona's the only female main character now. ( )
  DestDest | Jan 11, 2019 |
If you haven't read that book then I suggest you skip today's review as it's bound to spoil a few plot points. The book picks right back up with the ongoing quest to defeat the Mimic who had overtaken the Cobalt Prince (ruler of the Toki people). We discover that the Toki are in fact the 'Chosen People' and that Oona and Jessa are in fact genetically altered Toki. *gasp* The last book focused primarily on the mythology surrounding the beacons while giving Oona room to discover her hidden strengths/magical abilities. Book 2 meanwhile covers a lot of ground with Oona and Jessa's past while delving further into the real deal between the segregation between the peoples in the different worlds. I really felt like the pace ramped up with this one and it was super interesting which makes it even more frustrating that the next installment doesn't come out until the spring of 2019. *grumbles* 10/10

I've had some conversations with parents who have kids reading this series and they've been telling me how much the kids are liking it and how much they as parents enjoy it also. If you're looking for a common denominator between you and the children in your life and books you can discuss together this is a great choice. :-D ( )
  AliceaP | Dec 17, 2018 |
This was a fantastic follow-up to the first volume. I still love the three main characters and we get to learn more about the 5 planets and their dark past. There's more emphasis on family relationships (both found and blood-related) and racial differences as well. Once more, the color palettes are beautifully done. This volume was a pleasure to read and look at! I can't wait for more! ( )
  MillieHennessy | Oct 31, 2018 |

Sisters Jessa and Oona and new friend Ram Sam Sam try to stop the Cobalt Price from Toki, who orders a strike on Mon Domani, starting a new worlds war.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,674,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible