Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

Mr. Darcy's Diary (2007)

by Amanda Grange, Amanda Grange

A Pride and Prejudice fan will enjoy reliving the classic love story of Jane Austen. Amanda Grange succeeded in weaving the perspective of Mr. Darcy but it's familiar that she used the exact phrases of the original. It was a little modernized, and more was added.

What I don't like is how Mr. Darcy seems to be a shallow person; like how he and his company, were highly educated, were talking about other people's lives specifically the family of the Bennets.

I think Mr. Darcy's cute when he was in agony of suspense whether Elizabeth will reciprocate what he feels.

This is my favorite: "I begin to see clearly why she refused me. And to see that, through my own pride, arrogance and folly, I have lost the woman I love." ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
Being a P&P fan, I thought this was great. It meshed with the book and I believe the author sized up Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth very well. ( )
  ccindyy | Feb 3, 2016 |
  ccindyy | Feb 3, 2016 |
È il classico di Jane Austen raccontato come diario dalla voce di mr Darcy, l’indimenticabile icona romantica di Orgoglio e pregiudizio. Mi sono avvicinata al diario di mr. Darcy con un pochino di diffidenza ma incuriosita dalle recensioni favorevoli, e devo dire che le confermo in pieno: È un bel libro. Ovvio, non un pezzo di letteratura che verrà ricordato nei secolo dei secoli, ma decisamente bello. Avendo già letto orgoglio e pregiudizio pensavo non sarebbe stato entusiasmante, eppure le pagine sembravano voltarsi da sole.
Un vero balsamo per animi di vena romantica, se vi è piaciuto orgoglio e pregiudizio leggete anche il diario di mr. Darcy.
  LdiBi | Oct 24, 2015 |
Grange had a pretty good grasp on all the characters from "Pride and Prejudice" and luckily didn't feel the need to add any original characters to the cast (this annoyed me in "An Assembly Such as This"). I still ended up skimming through rather large bits of this book though. I got bored in the parts were Grange was making up a storyline for what Darcy did during the time we didn't see him in Austen's novel and I really started skimming when Grange went into what happens after the ending of the original "Pride and Prejudice".

Other than that there's not much to be said about this book, my only real complaint about it was that I didn't agree with the way Grange interpreted one or two of Darcy's actions. Other than that it's a well done retelling and I think any fan of the Austen novel will enjoy this quick read. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Amanda Grangeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Grange, Amandamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is a retelling of

Monday 1st July
Have I done the right thing in establishing Georgiana in London, I wonder?

Pride and Prejudice is the most popular romance of all time, and in this enjoyable retelling, Amanda Grange allows us to see the events of Jane Austen's famous novel from Mr Darcy's point of view. Scenes only hinted at in the original are here recorded in detail and brought to life as Darcy writes of his horror at discovering his sister's plans to elope with George Wickham, his efforts to separate Charles Bingley from Miss Jane Bennet and his disgust at having to arrange a marriage between George Wickham and Miss Lydia Bennet. But, most satisfying of all, he discloses his feelings for Elizabeth. Darcy's Diary records the full story of their courtship, from initial hostility to their eventual love, before revealing a tantalising glimpse of their early married life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:14 -0400)

The only place Darcy could share his innermost feelings was in the private pages of his diary... Torn between his sense of duty to his family name and his growing passion for Elizabeth Bennet, all he can do is struggle not to fall in love. Mr. Darcy's Diary presents the story of the unlikely courtship of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy from Darcy's point of view. This graceful imagining and sequel to Pride and Prejudice explains Darcy's moodiness and the difficulties of his reluctant relationship as he struggles to avoid falling in love with Miss Bennet. Though seemingly stiff and stubborn at times, Darcy's words prove him also to be quite devoted and endearing - qualities that eventually win over Miss Bennet's heart. This continuation of a classic romantic novel is charming and elegant, much like Darcy himself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible