HEIDI~JOHANNA SPYRI~1946 RANDOM HOUSE…

HEIDI~JOHANNA SPYRI~1946 RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN'S BOOK~FLORENCE HAYES~ERIKA… (edition 1946)

by Johanna Spyri (Author)

One of the most charming tales in children's literature, Heidi is the story of a five-year-old orphan who goes to live with her grandfather in the mountains. She soon wins his heart and befriends the young goatherd, Peter. Her happiness ends, however, when her aunt takes her to the city to help take care of a sickly child, Clara. Finally, Heidi brings Clara back to her Alpine home, where a miracle of healing occurs.Johanna Spyri was an author of children's stories, and is best known for Heidi. Born Johanna Louise Heusser in the rural area of Hirzel, Switzerland, as a child she spent several summers in the area around Chur in Graubünden, the setting she later would use in her novels.… (more)
Member:gamomx8
Title:HEIDI~JOHANNA SPYRI~1946 RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN'S BOOK~FLORENCE HAYES~ERIKA WEIHS
Authors:Johanna Spyri (Author)
Info:Random House (1946)

Heidi by Florence Hayes

I first read this version of Heidi when I was about 7 years old and sick with the mumps. My mother had checked it out of the church library for me. I loved this version of Heidi--the illustrations by Erika Weihs perfectly captured each character. When I was older and wanted to try the original Heidi by Johanna Spryi, I don't think I got past the first chapter, mainly because I kept remembering this charming adaptation and how it was short and to the point. The original just rambled too much for me. In this case, less is more. ( )
  TeresaInTexas | Jul 11, 2007 |

Hayes, Florenceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Spyri, Johannamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Weihs, ErikaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,480,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible