dismiss

On Becoming a Fairy Godmother

by Sara Maitland

351521,924 (4)4
A collection of short stories breathing new life into old legends and bringing the magic of myth back into modern women's lives. What became of Helen of Troy, Guinevere and Maid Marion? Fifteen new `fairy tales' include an encounter with a mermaid, an erotic adventure with a mysterious stranger, the story of a woman who learns to fly, and of another who transforms herself into a real fairy godmother.… (more)

Although I liked some of the stories, overall I found this anthology disappointing. Too many of the stories shared the same characteristics of voice and theme, so that I felt like I was reading a series of stories about one woman's past life experiences. ( )
  PamelaDLloyd | Dec 2, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,098,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible