The Reckoning: A Novel by John Grisham

The Reckoning: A Novel (original 2018; edition 2018)

by John Grisham (Author)

Member:francesanngray
Title:The Reckoning: A Novel
Authors:John Grisham (Author)
Info:Doubleday (2018), 432 pages
Rating:**

The Reckoning by John Grisham (2018)

I have always been a fan of Grisham, but this was a little lacking for me. It’s still worth reading, but don’t expect Sycamore Row! ( )
  BookLove80 | Mar 11, 2019 |
Though not like the John Grisham's of old this was a good story. THe descriptions of the Bataan Death March were very realistic. I enjoyed the book. ( )
  dara85 | Mar 3, 2019 |
Boring. ( )
  francesanngray | Feb 8, 2019 |
THE RECKONING by John Grisham
Grisham is back to writing mysteries instead of “magical realism” and I am happy. When the town’s celebrated hero walks into church and kills his best friend, there has to be a story……and there is. Why did Pete kill Dexter? Why won’t he talk? How can he be defended?
The court room drama takes us from the Jim Crow south to the jungles of WWII to an insane asylum and back to the court room. This is vintage Grisham and an exciting read.
5 of 5 stars ( )
  beckyhaase | Feb 4, 2019 |
The Reckoning is a mystery of what is the motive. The reader will believe it is a matter of betrayal but that is the twist. I would certainly recommend this book who likes a good mystery.

If a reader looks out for the Easter eggs that the author one may even figure out why. ( )
  Gingersnap000 | Jan 31, 2019 |
On a cold morning in early October of 1946, Pete Banning awoke before sunrise and had no thoughts of going back to sleep.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,410,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible