Lover Revealed by J. R. Ward

Lover Revealed

by J. R. Ward

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (4)

English (85)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (89)
I continue to adore this series. I have to admit to not really liking Butch too much in the first book, but he grew on me and I was glad to have his story. The ups and downs in this book were many. The Suspense as to how it would all work out just kept me reading (way past my bedtime lol) and I love how J.R. Ward just drew us into the whole world of the Brotherhood again. I am so happy how it all worked out for Butch and I was glad to get answers to where he came from even if the answers weren't given to him. I am concerned about V, and I am anxious for his story! So glad that friends talked me into reading this series! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
excellent ( )
  joem0601 | Mar 5, 2016 |
Oh, This was fantastic, I was not really looking forward to reading about Butch. Not my favorite in past books, but boy did she pull out his charater ! Oh V !!!!! He is down right hot in this, true ? Love the tie to him and Butch, light and dark in a new way. Can't wait to read V's story. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This is the fourth novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. This book focuses on Butch O'Neal, a human taken in by the Brotherhood (in the first book), mainly because he knew too much. Even though he's tough, as a human he is unable to fight alongside the brothers in their everlasting war against the lesser society, an evil society trying to rid the world of the vampire race. It doesn't stop him from trying though. This leads to his capture, torture, and release with a parting gift that may or may not put the Brotherhood in danger. While this is going on, we see how Butch works out his love/craving/lust for Marissa, an aristocratic female vampire. There is also the issue that he seems to be exuding bonding tendencies, which is a vampiric trait. They love each other but go back and forth as they seem to have communication issues.

I think the romance and the fighting aspects are pretty well matched, I didn't feel like one overshadowed the other in the novel. And as always, we learn more about the characters that haven't been featured yet. Overall I enjoyed it. ( )
  Tanya-D | Jan 15, 2016 |
I like Butch but his book isn't my favorite. I don't really like him or Marissa but they are surrounded by the others I love so...I re-read it. Ill be back for more review once I finish my reread leading up to Lover at Last. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You / Man, you had me at Hard-ass, you really did. / But then there was your Here's looking at you, kid... / Mad love to you.
With immense gratitude to the readers / of the Black Dagger Brotherhood / and a shout out to the Cellies-- / what couch are we on now?
Thank you so very much: / Karen Solem, Kara Cesare, Claire Zion, Kara Welsh.
Thank you, Cap'n Bunny a.k.a the Pink Beast and / PythAngie the Pitbull Mod-- / seriously, Dorine and Angie, you take such good / care of me.
Thank you to the Party of Four: MFN hugs... / M-F-N hugs. / Don't know what I would do without you.
"What if I told you I had a fantasy?"
There shall be one to bring the end before the master, / a fighter of modern time found in the seventh of the / twenty-first, / and he shall be known by the numbers he bears: / One more than the compass he apperceives, / Though mere four points to make at his right, / Three lives has he. / Two scores on his fore. / and with a single black eye, in one well will he be / birthed and die. (p. 157-157)
"I traced your blood back to Ireland. Lot of pasty-white bog people in your veins, cop." (Vishous, p.279)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451412354, Mass Market Paperback)

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard living, ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world to engage in the turf war with the lessers. He's got nothing to lose. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. If he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers... When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead but found by a miracle, the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:29 -0400)

The only human allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, ex-homicide cop Butch O'Neal, after saving a civilian vampire from the dreaded slayers, is left for dead and only the aristocratic vampire beauty he desires can bring him back.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,258,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible