Lover Revealed by J. R. Ward

Lover Revealed

by J. R. Ward

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (4)

English (87)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (91)
“Lover Revealed” is Butch’s story, though I must say we got a lot of John and others’ stories in this book. So much so that the story felt unfinished at the end (the only negative). I know the teasers are to keep the readers vested in order to sell the next book… but it drives me crazy when the loose ends don’t get tied up.

Butch never found his place in human society and now he finds himself in the same situation in the vampire world. He wants nothing more than to be able to assist the brothers in any way he can with their fight against the lessors and to love Marissa the beautiful aristocrat vampire. Both are way beyond his means.

By chance or fate, Butch almost loses his life when rescuing a civilian vampire from the lessors. During the process a terrible evil is introduced into his body and Marissa and Vishous must work together to save his life. Yet, fate sometimes has cruel intentions, and things don’t turn out like we plan. The 10M dollar questions is, will Butch be able to reconcile what has happened and finally find his place in the world and a woman to love.

Even though I was frustrated with the loose ends, I can’t wait to find out what happens to John and Vishous.
  purpledog | May 23, 2016 |
Awww I love Butch! He should be in the Rat Pack, he's such an old school cool cat. I'm glad he got his happy ending, and I'm glad... well, spoilers, so I won't say... but I'm glad things worked out the way they did. This book is a good example of me wishing you could hear the characters speak... you know that southie accent is so hot! ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Lover Revealed
3 Stars

After reading the first three books in this series, I had decided to give the rest of the books a miss. However, as Lover Revealed fit into 4 different challenges this week, I decided to just bite the bullet and read it.

As with the previous installments, the world building, basic plot premise and characters have real potential. Butch and Marisa are an engaging couple and the development of their romance, which is both sweet and steamy, almost makes it worth struggling through the poor writing, weak plotting where on earth did that prophecy come from, imbecilic dialogue and constant brand dropping.

The secondary cast also have possibilities, especially Rhevenge and Xhex, but I am simply not interested enough in the outcome of their stories to continue on to Vishous’s book.

With no disrespect to the legions of fans who adore the series and without rehashing all of my issues with it (i.e., the laughable villains, the misogynistic attitude toward women, the idiotic conversations), suffice it to say that The Black Dagger Brotherhood will be going back on the discontinued shelf where it belongs. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 8, 2016 |
I continue to adore this series. I have to admit to not really liking Butch too much in the first book, but he grew on me and I was glad to have his story. The ups and downs in this book were many. The Suspense as to how it would all work out just kept me reading (way past my bedtime lol) and I love how J.R. Ward just drew us into the whole world of the Brotherhood again. I am so happy how it all worked out for Butch and I was glad to get answers to where he came from even if the answers weren't given to him. I am concerned about V, and I am anxious for his story! So glad that friends talked me into reading this series! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
excellent ( )
  joem0601 | Mar 5, 2016 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You / Man, you had me at Hard-ass, you really did. / But then there was your Here's looking at you, kid... / Mad love to you.
With immense gratitude to the readers / of the Black Dagger Brotherhood / and a shout out to the Cellies-- / what couch are we on now?
Thank you so very much: / Karen Solem, Kara Cesare, Claire Zion, Kara Welsh.
Thank you, Cap'n Bunny a.k.a the Pink Beast and / PythAngie the Pitbull Mod-- / seriously, Dorine and Angie, you take such good / care of me.
Thank you to the Party of Four: MFN hugs... / M-F-N hugs. / Don't know what I would do without you.
"What if I told you I had a fantasy?"
There shall be one to bring the end before the master, / a fighter of modern time found in the seventh of the / twenty-first, / and he shall be known by the numbers he bears: / One more than the compass he apperceives, / Though mere four points to make at his right, / Three lives has he. / Two scores on his fore. / and with a single black eye, in one well will he be / birthed and die. (p. 157-157)
"I traced your blood back to Ireland. Lot of pasty-white bog people in your veins, cop." (Vishous, p.279)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451412354, Mass Market Paperback)

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard living, ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world to engage in the turf war with the lessers. He's got nothing to lose. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. If he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers... When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead but found by a miracle, the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:29 -0400)

The only human allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, ex-homicide cop Butch O'Neal, after saving a civilian vampire from the dreaded slayers, is left for dead and only the aristocratic vampire beauty he desires can bring him back.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,787,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible