Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood,…

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 4) (edition 2007)

by J. R. Ward (Author)

Human police officer Butch O'Neal is allowed into the Brotherhood's inner circle, where he comes under the spell of the beautiful and aristocratic vampire Marissa. But O'Neal is no ordinary human, and the real reason for his presence is soon revealed.
Member:soulfulldarkhunter
Title:Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 4)
Authors:J. R. Ward (Author)
Info:Onyx (2007), 480 pages

Lover Revealed by J. R. Ward

English (101)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (104)
pb
  5083mitzi | Apr 4, 2021 |
I've got to say, after Wrath and Beth's story, this is probably my favorite book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series so far. First, Butch has always been one of my favorite characters as his life has been full of misery and now finally he found his purpose and he can be happy. Second, it's always lovely to read about someone more powerful and privileged helping and taking in someone who needs the help. Also, the whole war thing is getting more interesting book by book and although I hate to read the lessers point of views, it's getting intense and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and see who finds their mate next. ( )
  AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |
I don't know why, but for some reason, the relationship in this one fell a little flat for me. There was some emotional conflict, but not as much as in the previous books. Yeah, there's a build-up from the last three books, but it just felt like Butch and Marissa get all lovey-dovey too quickly. And then it feels like they have disagreements just for the sake of it because the resolutions should have been clear from the outset.

What I most enjoyed about this installment was learning more about the world of the vampires and the progression Butch's story. Marissa got on my nerves. I liked the work she does for domestic abuse victims, but she could be very selfish at times. Butch is obviously going through some shit, but she wants her love for him to be a magic cure-all so he can be her house-husband. When she finally realizes her error here, it's like, "Well, duh."

I really loved Zsadist in this book because the progress he's made since his installment is so clear. He communicates with the class via email, he's learned ASL, and he seems so happy. The near-lack of Phury is obvious, and I'm both looking forward to his book and dreading it. I really like the bond that the women are making with each other, and I'm also excited to finally get to V's book soon. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |
reading this was a bit of a chore. At times, I did get sucked into the storyline, but by and large the book felt long and tedious. I didn't care about the couple in this book at all.

The dialogue and language use is wearing me thin...

I will still probably keep going. These books often help snap me out of a slump just for the pure fun sexy factor. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
This book should be called " POOR Mr. X" a.k.a Mr. Xavier.

Psychotic as he was, he certainly did not deserve that end.
  Leila.Khouane | May 24, 2020 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You / Man, you had me at Hard-ass, you really did. / But then there was your Here's looking at you, kid... / Mad love to you.
With immense gratitude to the readers / of the Black Dagger Brotherhood / and a shout out to the Cellies-- / what couch are we on now?
Thank you so very much: / Karen Solem, Kara Cesare, Claire Zion, Kara Welsh.
Thank you, Cap'n Bunny a.k.a the Pink Beast and / PythAngie the Pitbull Mod-- / seriously, Dorine and Angie, you take such good / care of me.
Thank you to the Party of Four: MFN hugs... / M-F-N hugs. / Don't know what I would do without you.
"What if I told you I had a fantasy?"
There shall be one to bring the end before the master, / a fighter of modern time found in the seventh of the / twenty-first, / and he shall be known by the numbers he bears: / One more than the compass he apperceives, / Though mere four points to make at his right, / Three lives has he. / Two scores on his fore. / and with a single black eye, in one well will he be / birthed and die. (p. 157-157)
"I traced your blood back to Ireland. Lot of pasty-white bog people in your veins, cop." (Vishous, p.279)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,285,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible