Report to Megalopolis: The Post-modern…

Report to Megalopolis: The Post-modern Prometheus (The History of Arcadia)

by Tod Davies

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I’ll preface this by saying that I love a lot of Tod Davies move script work, specifically 3 businessmen so when I won this through a giveaway I was really excited. I had never read any of her fiction before. This didn’t disappoint and I have to admit I’m suprised by the low ratings this has recieved on LibraryThing. After consulting the character list at the beginning and flipping back to it occasionaly when I first started reading I found it easy to keep track of the characters. The story is an allegory of how a power hungry patriarchal nation, Megalopolis tries to take over and subjugate a much smaller matriarchal, socialist nation Arcadia. A lot of difficult subjects are tackled in this novel and I thought that it was very timely giving what is happening in the world today. ( )
  rachie615 | Nov 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I didn't enjoy this book, but it wasn't because it was badly written. It is simply too confusing without having read the previous books. "Snotty Saves the Day" is the first volume, which I haven't read yet.
I suggest to authors promoting a new volume in a series that they give away old copies of the first volume to get readers interested. ( )
  WaltNoise | Oct 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I tried to give this book a try but I stopped reading about 3/4 the way through. Its really confusing, but it seems to have the potential to be good. I guess it just wasn't for me. ( )
  alieceey | Sep 16, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wish I could give this book rave review but to be honest I couldn't finish it or really get even halfway through. I simply cannot figure out who or what this book is about and for that I am sorry. I received this from LibraryThing Early Reviewer. ( )
  Draak | Sep 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was really excited to receive this book. The cover and overall feel of the book was great. The contents, however, left me lacking. This is part of a series. I would recommend a person read the previous books before this one. It doesn't do well as a stand alone. I was often confused considering the references to details that happened in other books. Some of the content was a bit out of sorts and the author was a bit too descriptive in some of the details. It was overwhelming. I would not suggest this book to someone who isn't mature or an avid reader. I'm sure as a whole series read; it would be enjoyable. Which, I may do out if curiosity. It wasn't terrible, but would be better understood if the others were read first. It didn't seem to hold my attention as I thought it would. ( )
  Miranda4915 | Sep 5, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Tod Davies's book Report to Megalopolis or The Post-modern Prometheus is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,298,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible