Edge of the Known Bus Line by James R.…

Edge of the Known Bus Line

by James R. Gapinski

2920539,020 (3.43)4
    Strungballs by Mike Russell (neverstopreading)
    neverstopreading: For lovers of strange stories.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Edge of the Known Bus Line is a strange story with a quirky mix of satire and horror. If you find yourself thinking, "Why don't the just...?" put that question aside, and immerse yourself in the insanity of the situation.

If you like imaginative, dark, and strange fiction, I recommend Bus-Book. It feels a bit Mad Max and the Walking Dead and features political/religious cults that involve worshiping a foam finger, spider-induced hallucinations, and waiting for the messiah: another bus. ( )
  neverstopreading | Nov 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I absolutely loved this book. The beginning was a little difficult to get into, but it was worth holding out for. I imagined this story with a "Walking Dead" aesthetic. I think it would translate to film well! I love this book in its current form, I would also love it if some of the details were expanded on. I won't give anything away, but there is a LOT of potential here. I will definitely read more from this author! ( )
  littlefoxlibrarian | Nov 13, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well....this took a turn. This is a dark grind of a book - it's well-written, the story is riveting... but there's no sunshine here - literally. It's Kafka's Trial with a bus involved without quite being up to Kafka's artistry. It's a short, quick read which is probably for the best because it's pretty horrifying and not for the sensitive. ( )
  Sean191 | Oct 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took me a very long time to write this review because I had a difficult time coalescing my thoughts on the book. Overall, I just wanted it to be...more. There were some great themes raised (the tenuousness of civility/civilization, tribalism, how society and government keep us complacent, etc) but none of them were explored or developed enough to be satisfying. ( )
  sarahlu82 | Sep 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Don't know what I read. The whole time I was reading, I was thinking "We're not going to get a good ending are we? It's not going to resolve, is it?" Of course not. That would have been worth the effort. As it stands, still 3 stars for pacing and action. The book never stops once it begins. Don't know what to feel for the anti-hero but wished she could find her way. Maybe she did? Quick read at least. ( )
  tim_mo | Sep 16, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

James R. Gapinski's book Edge of the Known Bus Line is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

James R. Gapinski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,235,597 books! | Top bar: Always visible