Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Hamlet (original 1603; edition 2011)
Favourite Books (43)
Top Five Books of 2013 (735)
Recommended Brit Lit (80)
Plays I Like (2)
Books Read in 2013 (173)
17th Century (2)
Revenge Stories (3)
Folio Society (557)
Ambleside Books (147)
Books tagged favorites (308)
Best of World Literature (166)
Unread books (1,004)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the (non-series) prequel
Has the adaptation
Is parodied in
Has as a reference guide/companion
Has as a study
Has as a supplement
Has as a commentary on the text
Has as a student's study guide
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (18)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074347712X, Mass Market Paperback)Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Michael Neill
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:33 -0400)
Presents the text of William Shakespeare's tragedy in which Hamlet, the Prince of Denmark, struggles with the decision whether to avenge his father's murder, and includes text glosses; details on Shakespeare's life, world, and theater; and an essay that offers a modern perspective on the play.
(summary from another edition)
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.