DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test (Book 1)…

DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test (Book 1) (edition 2018)

by Hamish Steele (Author)

711,592,323 (5)None
Member:OgdensburgPL
Title:DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test (Book 1)
Authors:Hamish Steele (Author)
Info:Nobrow (2018), 240 pages
Collections:Your library, Young Adult
Tags:1809, new

DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test (Book 1) by Hamish Steele

This is the first graphic novel in the DeadEndia series, from the brief research I did it looks like this was a TV series first. I really enjoyed this graphic novel; I loved the illustration and the story was crazy, bizarre, and engaging. It’s quite different from other graphic novel series I have read and I loved every minute of it.

Barney and Norma both work at Dead End, a haunted house in the Pollywood theme park. It might sound kind of boring but Dead End also contains a dimensional gate that goes both to demonic and angelic realms (it’s complicated). So, aside from keeping Dead End ship shape and running haunted house tours...they also have to fight occasional demons.

This was an incredibly creative and engaging story about a group of diverse characters that constantly find themselves involved in bizarre supernatural situations. The illustration is amazing and I loved the coloring. The graphic novel is easy to follow (despite how bizarre the story gets) and I really ended up loving it.

While there are some LBGTQIA elements (one of the main characters is transgender) that really isn’t the focus of the story. The focus of the story is saving the world from DEMONS!!! The book does show how a unique and diverse group of people can work together successfully (and hilariously) to do this.

Overall I absolutely loved this graphic novel and plan on continuing the series. The storyline is bizarre, amazingly creative, and incredibly engaging. I don’t even really know who to recommend this to, just read it! This was a such a fun read and I loved the crazy supernatural elements to the story as well. ( )
  krau0098 | Jul 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,820,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible