I'll Root for You by Edward van de Vendel

I'll Root for You

by Edward van de Vendel

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This collection includes some wonderful, inspirational poems about athletes and athleticism, but there are also some confusing poems. Overall, wonderful poems far outrank the others making this a desirable collection. The illustrations are cute but they do little to enhance the meaning of the poems. ( )
  Mrs.DuBois | Oct 26, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great book of poems for middle-school and high-school classrooms. Athletes can relate to the poems. English teachers can use these poems for discussion and dissection to find the deeper meaning. I especially like the poem that compared water to the perfect clothing that fits like a glove. I recommend this for English classrooms. ( )
  MrsDruffel | Sep 23, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a cute poetry book that I will use with my 4th and 5th grade small reading support groups at school. There are some bigger words used as other have mentioned but those are good for students to problem solve and talk through while reading poetry. I love the sports theme of the poems and that they each are a little different but have a positive message. Thanks to LibraryThing for the opportunity to read this book with the Early Reviewers program/giveaway. ( )
  clp412 | Sep 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a pretty cute book with simple and wonderful illustrations on each page. There were some poems I found inspirational, while a small few I found confusing. I did find a few phrases and words that broke the flow of rhyming, probably from the translation from the original language to English. Younger children might like this, but there might be some "big" words they'll need help in understanding. ( )
  WillowMammoth | Sep 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I don't much like poetry or sports, yet this book of poems about sports still enchanted me. The moral messages in the poems were all good and uplifting. I liked the illustrations, too--silly and detailed and they don't illustrate the poems exactly but evoke more ideas and feelings in addition to the poems. ( )
  nicole_a_davis | Aug 31, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Edward van de Vendel's book I'll Root for You and Other Poems is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,201,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible