SKA: Serial Killers Anonymous by William…

SKA: Serial Killers Anonymous (edition 2018)

by William Schlichter (Author)

3319494,016 (3.59)None
Member:Barb_H
Title:SKA: Serial Killers Anonymous
Authors:William Schlichter (Author)
Info:BHC Press/Open Window (2018), 518 pages
Collections:Read, Ebook, Won Giveaway, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Ebook, Fiction, Owned, Read in 2018, ARC, LT Giveaway, Suspense, Murder, Mystery, Serial Killer, FBI, Thriller

Ska: Serial Killers Anonymous by William Schlichter

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A support group for serial killers ... interesting premise. It took me a while to get into the story; some of the "sharing" in group came across as a murder textbook. The plot did get better and the ending was ... satisfying.

But the drawback is there are so many, way too many people - murderers, FBI, victims. It was very hard to keep everybody sorted out.

Three stars out of five. ( )
  zsteelie | Jan 24, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Best book ever. I've never read anything like this before, but I found myself wanting more. SKA is focused on the story of 8 serial killers who come together as a group to try to help one another quit killing. Each person has a story, then more is added to it. They use fake names to disguise who they really are...which is clever...all except one. The mystery of them outsmarting the authorities, makes you wonder if they'll ever get caught. The descriptions of the murders are graphic and horrific, but makes this book what it is. There are sick minds out there in the world. The ending tied up nicely for the most part, only a few stories left hanging. ( )
  jessica.nicole1085 | Nov 17, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Seven serial killers have joined together and created a support group. During the first meeting they each share details of one of their first murders. I found myself growing bored with this book. The first part was really interesting however, the book quickly turned into a detective story. I don't particularly enjoy detective stories and found myself putting the book down. I'm sure that many will enjoy this book, it just was not for me. ( )
  JanaRose1 | Nov 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was intrigued by the premise of the book- a book about a serial killer support group? I'm in. The idea is fantastic, but the execution was poorly done. The book needs to be heavily edited- just one example of the glaring errors that made it difficult to read was the use of the word "smelt" when the word should have been smelled, a lack of appropriate punctuation also made the rhythm of the book falter and ultimately lose my attention/interest. The characters all seemed the same with no individual personalities or unique voices. While a great idea, it reads like it was written by someone who may be a young writer who needs a bit of polish. ( )
  Danysh2016 | Nov 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this early edition from Early Reviewers. I was captivated by the idea of a group of serial killers meeting in a setting like a twelve-step plan. The book was entertaining and held my interest well. I’m hoping for a sequel as I believe a door has been left open for one. It was pretty graphic at times which made me wince, although I still enjoyed it, as after all, it is a book about serial killers. I highly recommend this book to those that are into that sort of thing.
  sassypooinms | Nov 6, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

William Schlichter's book SKA: Serial Killers Anonymous is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,409,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible