Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don…

Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don Nicholson

1914762,049 (4.82)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
With his book "Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don Nicholson, Doug Boyce tells the biographical story of a drag racing legend. As one of only two people to make the finals in six different drag racing categories, Dyno Don Nicholson certainly set himself apart from other drag racers. Mr. Boyce does an excellent job of telling Dyno Don's story. The book is loaded with photographs. Absolute must read for drag racing fans.

I received this book as part of the LibraryThing early reviewers program. ( )
  LouisianaReader | Sep 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don Nicholson....I really enjoyed this book. A fun read chock full of facts and tidbits about a legend in the drag racing world. Pictures and quality don't disappoint. CarTech books never do. They are ace in putting out material that showcases the history of the automobile world and all the legends behind them. Author Doug Boyce did his homework and did it well. A great book.

If you have never witnessed with your own eyes drag racing...then you have missed out on an exhilarating and fun ride..pun intended.
Youtube some videos. Buy this book. Become fascinated. It's a world of fast cars, racing pulses, and triumphant stories of crash and burns and inspiring wins. From the drag strips, the funny cars, breaking records, and all the nostalgia that goes with it. This book is a great tribute to a dynamic American legend.

Highly recommend.

Thanks to LibraryThing and to CarTech for my free copy of this book via giveaway to which I have gladly and voluntarily reviewed. ( )
  dalaimomma | Sep 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My husband really enjoyed this book. He gives it 5 stars! ( )
  jennifer57 | Sep 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers group.

Very interesting look at the long and highly successful racing career of Dyno Don Nicholson. Many photos of his cars and info about the many mods thereof. I remember reading about him often back in the day, but I'd forgotten just how dominant he was. Always striving to go faster and achieving it most of the time. ( )
  Bargle5 | Sep 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don Nicholson is a great biographical edition from Car Tech, spanning the life and drag racing career of Don Nicholson in nine chronological chapters. I don't think there's a single page that doesn't have at least one photo - and usually more. I especially liked the candid family photos including Don in his Navy uniform with two of his brothers. Indexed, and it has an appendix listing all of Don's wins and runner-ups from 1961 to 1978. You can't go wrong with this one. Highly recommended. ( )
  y2pk | Sep 5, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

's book Dyno Don: The Cars and Career of Dyno Don Nicholson is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,198,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible