How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a…

How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a Pro

by Tony Thacker

1181,161,124 (4.75)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have noticed that books published by CarTech is quality. And this book is no exception. This book is a great reference book on all aspects of painting. Especially for those wanting to do a restoration. The book is easy to read and follow. And it takes you step by step through the process of painting your car. I know when I was working on my car collection I was able to rent a paint booth in my town. So it is worth looking to have the perfect environment for your paint to set and look its best. Filled with useful comparisons and step by step pictures. If you plan to paint your car or do any prep work this is a must have book. ( )
  hermit | Sep 2, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is sure to be a very useful resource for beginner and experience painters. This book covers a lot of ground with easy, detailed instructions complete with quality pictures. It not only contains information about how to prep and paint, but also includes an often overlooked aspect which is the condition of your next project. It gives pointers on what to lookout for and when to pass on a vehicle that has problem spots. It has a very helpful chapter on paint guns and equipment, describing what is needed for specific applications. All in all, this is definitely a "must have" for car enthusiasts who desire to fix up their own dream car!

This book was received for free from the LibraryThing Early Reviewer program in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I expressed are my own. ( )
  MaryBiblio | Aug 31, 2018 |
I get books that has to do with cars he is a vet he worked on cars when he was younger he said this had things in it he didn't know and easier ways to do things I read it and I loved it ( )
  DeniseWoodruffPA | Aug 26, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great book for car painters. Full of detail and description, very well worded. It also has useful comparisons and step by step pictures. Answers so many questions. ( )
  amberh17 | Aug 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Simple, crisp, but precise information, loaded with instructions, laced with examples, commentary, and a bit of history makes this a reference guide that will soothe any first timer’s jitters. This book is targeted to the average Joe or Joan, with much of the "technobabble" explained, but even experts will enjoy having it in their SHOP LIBRARY. For example: CHAPTER TWO: Tools and Equipment is very informative for the novice, and helpful to the pros. The vibrant color photos of displayed items help demonstrate specialty tool variations. I was extremely pleased to encounter tiny blurbs of wise/sage advice and explanations throughout... example: his reasoning for researching VINs on used parts. This book is a Must Have. ( )
  tenamouse67 | Aug 17, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Tony Thacker's book How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a Pro is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,272,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible