Ms. Marvel Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland by G.…

Ms. Marvel Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland (edition 2018)

by G. Willow Wilson (Author), Nico Leon (Illustrator), Ian Herring (Colors), Joe Caramagna (Letterer), Valerio Schiti (Cover artist)2 more, Rachelle Rosenberg (Cover artist), Sana Amanat (Editor)

Member:donutage
Title:Ms. Marvel Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
Authors:G. Willow Wilson (Author)
Other authors:Nico Leon (Illustrator), Ian Herring (Colors), Joe Caramagna (Letterer), Valerio Schiti (Cover artist), Rachelle Rosenberg (Cover artist)1 more, Sana Amanat (Editor)
Info:New York: Marvel (2018)
Collections:Moorestown
Tags:comics, Marvel, american, 21c, superhero, New Jersey

Ms. Marvel Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland by G. Willow Wilson

Kamala Khan spends the first half of the book in hiding, and frankly I didn't much miss her. The side characters stepped up and carried things along quite well with quite a bit of help from a feisty WWII veteran named Harold. (I'm totally up for a Harold and Zoe spin-off series.)

Then Kamala comes back and everyone gets pretty mopey through the end of the book dealing with all their romantic entanglements. It's a good thing that all the teen angst is so well done, because the super villain action remains as silly and stupid as usual.

Ms. Marvel remains a fine diversion. ( )
  villemezbrown | Oct 3, 2018 |
I'm slowly becoming more disenchanted with this series. Am I too old? Am I just annoyed with her teenaged antics? Am I the person yelling at kids to get off my lawn? Whatever the case, this ninth installment wasn't for me. Ms. Marvel wasn't even in the firs half! She peaced out, because life was stressing her out too much and her friends tried picking up the slack by pretending to be her, but that's kind of hard to do when you don't have superpowers. Also included are some "complicated" teenaged love triangles. Overall, it was just ok. ( )
  ecataldi | Aug 23, 2018 |
Bayonne Ultramax Correctional Facility. Somewhere south of Jersey City. "Dr. Gregory Balthazar Knox. Since this is your first parole hearing, let me explain how this works."

Kamala Khan has all but disappeared from Jersey City's crime fighting scene, and in her wake a new hero and ordinary citizens have rushed to fill the void, but the return of an old enemy may be enough to force her hand.

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,709,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible