Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank…
    Batman: Year One by Frank Miller (hazzabamboo)
    hazzabamboo: Frank Miller's origin stories for these two giants have never been bested. The writing, art and imagination in both comics demonstrate what the medium can be.
    Daredevil: Yellow by Jeph Loeb (hazzabamboo)
    hazzabamboo: These are both excellent accounts of Daredevil's origin, itself one of the best superhero genesis stories out there, from two of our best comics writers.

English (10)  Italian (1)  All languages (11)
Classic Daredevil ( )
  WokeNerdWriter | Mar 27, 2018 |
This was an interesting read, considering what I just saw last month in the show. I don't think I had ever heard the origin story of Daredevil before, so I didn't really understand what had happened. The show was fairly faithful to this telling of the story I think (other than the Kingpin's origins). I found the book to be very informative, but not quite what I was expecting :) ( )
  fogisbeautiful | Feb 13, 2018 |
It's a shame Frank Miller has turned out to be such a racist ass. ( )
  jtodd1973 | Oct 9, 2016 |
I was never really a Daredevil fan until I read Mark Waid's fantastic run (still going). Now I'm starting to go back and read some of the older stories I missed.

I enjoyed this retelling of the Daredevil origin by Frank Miller. Overall, it's a well-written extended take on the original Stan Lee story. It's also quite a bit darker, which I have mixed feelings about.

I appreciated a grittier take on the character, but on the other hand didn't love the characterization of Daredevil as being so willing to kill his enemies. As far as I can remember, he doesn't do that in the Mark Waid run, and I don't think anything is missed.

Regardless, this is a pretty good introduction to the character if you want his origin. Otherwise, I'd think you'd be fine to skip to the excellent Mark Waid stories. ( )
  wethewatched | Jan 7, 2016 |
Um Daredevil menor. ( )
  Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |

Miller, Frankprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Romita Jr., JohnIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Matt Murdock was raised by a single father, an over-the-hill prizefighter with one last chance to make it good - a chance that cost him his life. Taunted and tormented by children while growing up, Matt's life was irrevocably altered after he was blinded by radioactive materials while saving the life of an old man. The payoff? An unbreakable will and a keen intelligence, helping focus the super-senses he was blessed with during the accident. His story is one of love, pain, disappointment, and strength. Collects Daredevil: The Man Without Fear #1-5.

A classic Marvel hero redefined by one of comics' greatest visionaries! A Marvel Comics mainstay since 1964, Daredevil got a new lease on life in a landmark 1979-1983 run by writer-penciler Frank Miller and inker-penciler Klaus Janson, whose daring reinvention of the character quickly made Miller one of the biggest and most influential stars in the comic-book industry. Miller puts his own stamp on established cast member such as reporter Ben Urich, femme fatale Black Widow, mad assassin Bullseye, the saw-fisted Gladiator, and monstrous crime boss Kingpin. Miller also introduced Daredevil's mysterious mentor Stick, deadly ninja foes the Hand, and Matt's long-lost love Elektra, a beautiful assassin who would become one of Marvel's most memorable characters. Mixing traditional super-heroics with mysterious martial aristry, doomed romance, and dark personal drama, Miller's character-defining DD run is collected across three titanic trade paperbacks! Collects Daredevil #173-184.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,462,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible