Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank…
Member:ktoonen
Title:Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
Authors:Frank Miller
Other authors:John Romita Jr. (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2010), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Graphic Novel (Superhero), New York, Adventure, Media Tie-In

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller

Batman: Year One by Frank Miller (hazzabamboo)
    hazzabamboo: Frank Miller's origin stories for these two giants have never been bested. The writing, art and imagination in both comics demonstrate what the medium can be.
    Daredevil: Yellow by Jeph Loeb (hazzabamboo)
    hazzabamboo: These are both excellent accounts of Daredevil's origin, itself one of the best superhero genesis stories out there, from two of our best comics writers.

I was never really a Daredevil fan until I read Mark Waid's fantastic run (still going). Now I'm starting to go back and read some of the older stories I missed.

I enjoyed this retelling of the Daredevil origin by Frank Miller. Overall, it's a well-written extended take on the original Stan Lee story. It's also quite a bit darker, which I have mixed feelings about.

I appreciated a grittier take on the character, but on the other hand didn't love the characterization of Daredevil as being so willing to kill his enemies. As far as I can remember, he doesn't do that in the Mark Waid run, and I don't think anything is missed.

Regardless, this is a pretty good introduction to the character if you want his origin. Otherwise, I'd think you'd be fine to skip to the excellent Mark Waid stories. ( )
  wethewatched | Jan 7, 2016 |
Um Daredevil menor. ( )
  Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |
A very solid entry into the Daredevil canon from Frank Miller, which addresses the origins, and development of the early part of the Daredevil story. The arc proceeds from him starting as a young man in Hell's Kitchen to his development into a fully fledged superhero on the way. Convincing, gripping and realistic, this is quality work and worth looking at. ( )
  aadyer | Aug 20, 2015 |
Proof of why Frank Miller is the best Daredevil writer ever. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | Jun 20, 2013 |
Good but not great. Miller returns to the well, but without as much energy and excitement as some of his other work on Daredevil. This doesn't have the sweep and scale that would make it the novel that Miller wanted it to be. Further, there's not as much at stake as there was in Born Again, which just might be my favorite Miller Daredevil story. Elektra was a necessary, but slightly under-realized element of the story. Romita's pencils are nice. Worthwhile for the Miller fan and good to introduce someone to his work, but it's by no means his best.
  BrianFannin | May 31, 2013 |

Frank Millerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Miller, Frankmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Romita Jr., JohnIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,530,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible