JLA, Vol. 7: Tower of Babel by Mark Waid

JLA, Vol. 7: Tower of Babel (2001)

by Mark Waid, Drew Geraci (Illustrator), Dan Curtis Johnson (Author), Howard Porter (Illustrator)

Following after Grant Morrisons on JLA Mark Waid started his run with this great story. It's similar to the first part of Morrisons run since it starts by reminding you that Batman is the most dangerous member of the League. It also reminds you of just how paranoid he really is. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
If half-stars were allowed, this would definitely be a 1.5.

This is yet another installment of one of those endless 1990s DC story arcs. Batman made a boo-boo with secret data. Whatever will the rest of the JLA do? Apparently act like dumb-ass teenagers. "I don't trust you anymore!" "But he was there for you when you needed him!" Whine, whine, whine.

Okay, it's not absolutely terrible; it's competently written, I guess, and the art is tolerable. But it's boring. ( )
  PMaranci | Apr 3, 2013 |
I read this story and really liked it until I picked up JLA Year 1. The same major plot twist, with the same team, by the same writer, published in stories just two years apart? Mark Waid, I love Kingdom Come, but shame on you here. ( )
  jpers36 | Apr 3, 2010 |

Waid, MarkAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Geraci, DrewIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, Dan CurtisAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Porter, HowardIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
You should be clear to approach, Doctor Palmer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,128,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible