Searching for and Maintaining Peace by…

Searching for and Maintaining Peace (original 1991; edition 2002)

by Jacques Philippe (Author)

Member:madharasan
Title:Searching for and Maintaining Peace
Authors:Jacques Philippe (Author)
Info:ST PAULS / Alba House (2002), 88 pages
Collections:Your library, To read, To Read This Year
Tags:Theology, Kindle, Christianity

Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart by Jacques Philippe (1991)

English (4)  German (1)  All (5)
There is an accompanying discussion guide for this book in the Adult Faith Formation office.
  StMarysDSM | May 5, 2017 |
Searching for and Maintaining Peace is, as the title suggests, a short book about finding interior peace. It is divided into three parts: the first describes the condition of interior peace, the second discusses common situations and how interior peace may be obtained. The third part contains selections from the writings of different saints on the subject as a complement to the previous two sections. It's an interesting book and an important (to me at least) topic. I heard Fr. Philippe speak on Monday, and it's clear he lives out his ideas in his everyday life. Highly recommended for anyone with an interest in the topic. ( )
  inge87 | Jun 26, 2016 |
  MaterDeiLibrary | Jan 28, 2016 |
From Scepter website: Synopsis
We live in a day and age characterized by an extraordinary amount of agitation and lack of peace. This tendency manifests itself in our spiritual as well as our secular life. In our search for God and holiness, in our service to our neighbor, a kind of restlessness and anxiety take the place of the confidence and peace which ought to be ours. What must we do to overcome the moments of fear and distress which assail us all too often in our lives? How can we learn to place all our confidence in God and abandon ourselves into his loving care? This is what is taught in this simple, yet profound little treatise on peace of heart. Taking concrete examples from our everyday life, the author invites us to respond in a Gospel fashion to the upsetting situations we must all confront. Since peace of heart is a pure gift of God, it is something we should seek, pursue and ask him for without cease. This book is here to help us in that pursuit.

About the Author: Father Jacques Philippe is a “Shepherd” in the Communité du Lion de Juda in Rome. A priest since 1985, he regularly preaches retreats in France and abroad.
  brothersofpeace | Jul 29, 2013 |

Jacques Philippeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Driscoll, GeorgeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Driscoll, JannieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In order to understand how fundamental it is for the development of the Christian life to strive to acquire and maintain peace of heart, the first thing of which we must be convined is that all the good that we can do comes from God and from Him alone: Apart from Me, you can do nothing Jesus said (John 15:5).

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,124,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible