In de Ban van de Ring: Aanhangsels by J.R.R.…

In de Ban van de Ring: Aanhangsels (original 1966; edition 2001)

by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author), Max Schuchart (Translator), René van Rossenberg (Introduction)

Member:JaapJansen
Title:In de Ban van de Ring: Aanhangsels
Authors:J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Other authors:Max Schuchart (Translator), René van Rossenberg (Introduction)
Info:Utrecht: Het Spectrum (Nederlandstalige uitgave, tweede druk)
Rating:**
Tags:Fantasy, Middle-Earth, Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings: Appendices by J. R. R. Tolkien (1966)

Reading this as my last installment on my The Lord of the Rings voyage is even more of an anticlimax than the second half of The End of the Third Age; the whole thing is polished off with a series of facts and figures. I'm glad this book exists in the abstract: it reveals the staggering amount of thought Tolkien put into his fully-realized fantasy world, which was definitely a first and probably never surpassed (who would have guessed how Shire pronouns would contribute to the perception of Pippin in Minas Tirith?). But I don't know if it actually needed to be published. Well, I'm sure it did, but it definitely didn't need to be read by me.

I know there are people who loved this, but it reads like a less realistic if more consistent version of the History of the Kings of Britain. Which king went to which mountain range to fight which raider when is chronicled lovingly. I did like the snippets of the Aragorn/Arwen romance; too bad that couldn't have been in the actual book.
  Stevil2001 | Aug 26, 2013 |

J. R. R. Tolkienprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schuchart, MaxTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Rossenberg, RenéContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
J.R.R. Tolkien's complete work The Lord of the Rings consists of six Books, frequently bound in three Volumes, as follow:

Volume I: The Fellowship of the Ring, consisting of Book 1, "The Ring Sets Out" and Book 2, "The Ring Goes South";
Volume II: The Two Towers, consisting of Book 3, "The Treason of Isengard," and Book 4, "The Ring Goes East"; and
Volume III: The Return of the King, consisting of Book 5, "The War of the Ring," and Book 6, "The End of the Third Age," with Appendices.

This LT Work consists solely of the Appendices; please do not combine it with any other part(s) or with Tolkien's complete work, each of which have LT Works pages of their own. Thank you.

Spanish translation of "The two towers". Part 2 of "The Lord of the rings". Frodo and his companions continue their journey to the Cracks of Doom where Frodo must destroy the Ring. They are followed wherever they go by a mysterious creeping figure.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,708,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible