dismiss

Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline

Someone Knows (original 2019; edition 2019)

by Lisa Scottoline (Author)

2781967,403 (3.57)6
Bestselling and award-winning author Lisa Scottoline reaches new heights with this riveting novel about how a single decision can undo a family, how our past can derail our present, and how not guilty doesn't always mean innocent. Allie Garvey is heading home to the funeral of a childhood friend. Allie is not only grief-stricken, she's full of dread. Because going home means seeing the other two people with whom she shares an unbearable secret. Twenty years earlier, a horrific incident shattered the lives of five teenagers, including Allie. Drinking and partying in the woods, they played a dangerous prank that went tragically wrong, turning deadly. The teenagers kept what happened a secret, believing that getting caught would be the worst thing that could happen. But time has taught Allie otherwise. Not getting caught was far worse. Allie has been haunted for two decades by what she and the others did, and by the fact that she never told a soul. The dark secret has eaten away at her, distancing her from everyone she loves, including her husband. Because she wasn't punished by the law, Allie has punished herself, and it's a life sentence. Now, Allie stands on the precipice of losing everything. She's ready for a reckoning, determined to learn how the prank went so horribly wrong. She digs to unearth the truth, but reaches a shocking conclusion that she never saw coming--and neither will the reader. A deeply emotional examination of family, marriage, and the true nature of justice, Someone Knows is Lisa Scottoline's most powerful novel to date. Startling, page-turning, and with an ending that's impossible to forget, this is a tour de force by a beloved author at the top of her game.… (more)
Member:Effinghamlibrarynh
Title:Someone Knows
Authors:Lisa Scottoline (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2019), Edition: Reprint, 528 pages

Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline (2019)

It was so good...until it went off the rails and had the most over the top lead up to conclusion. Shame. ( )
  AshleyVanessaGG | Jul 6, 2020 |
I'm glad I picked this book! I don't usually read this type of genre since they're usually a hit or miss but this was definitely a hit. The plot twists were incredible. The characters felt so real and the story line was amazing. Just when you thought there'd be holes in some stories she doesn't leave you hanging. Amazing story. Will be looking forward to reading more of her books. ( )
  smooody106 | Jun 10, 2020 |
An unforgettable story that will stay with you long after your done reading it. We don't realize how rediculous some of the things we did as teenagers are until we become adults. And sometimes we can not forget them either. This was a fantastic story that made me cry several times. I could relate as a mother and also as a teenager who had done very stupid things. I went through several different feelings while reading this book, it really pulled me in. I would recommend this book 100%. ( )
  kmjessica | Apr 26, 2020 |
I’m a fan of Lisa Scottoline, especially her stand alone books. I love that she writes about my home area. This is another win for her. Fast paced, twists and turns and an ending I never see coming.

Set in a large neighborhood development containing large houses and smaller townhomes, this could be anywhere. How well do you know what is happening in your neighborhood, or what issues are going on with your neighbors. Five teenagers are looking for something to do, need somewhere to escape to. What starts as a prank, ends up costing someone their life and will change their lives and those of their families forever. Secrets kept will always haunt you, but the truth will set you free! ( )
  LoriKBoyd | Mar 24, 2020 |
Maybe 3.5
The beginning d r a g g e d on and on... then it was interesting/exciting but the ending. MEH. Just too much on that. ( )
  nwieme | Mar 19, 2020 |
Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline is a dark suspense read that grips you from the first moment. I felt the character's guilt immediately. Something really bad had happened. Regret, guilt, and the haunting past keeps haunting the remaining characters from that one night. The tone and mood of this tale read like The Pretty Little Liars novel. They was something that kept the characters from seeking help. Always forced to keep everything secret, yet little by little it eats them whole. Tearing away what little strength they have left. It drives them crazy. Almost to the point of finally wanting to rid of the secrets of that night.

This book was mostly a suspenseful mystery. There was a touch of drama but not enough of it like similar reads. The pages kept me hooked. I kept wondering when the secrets would be told and how it would explode upon those that suffered. Overall, Someone Knows was a captivating read. I recommend it to others.

I received this copy from the publisher. This is my voluntary review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,810,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible