Dragon's Claw by Karen Chance
A new novella in the New York Times bestselling Midnight's Daughter series! Everyone knows that vampires are hard to kill. But when Dory Basarab is called to a crime scene in a smelly basement in Queens, she discovers that that may no longer be the case. Somebody has developed a new weapon, a vamp killer, and left her plenty of clues to follow. One of them leads her to the other side of the world, and to a city like no other, where the paranormal is normal and where death stalks the streets. Can she defeat a clever killer before he kills again, and on an unprecedented scale?… (more)

Dragon’s Claw is a Dory Basarab novella picks up right after Shadow’s Bane. Dory and Louis-Cesare are on their honeymoon when someone starts killing vamps. With bullets. Marlowe is too well known so Dory and Ray end up chasing down a lead to the supernatural side of Hong Kong. Where they accidentally meet up with Pritkin and Zheng Zi on their own mission that appears related.

I really hope we get to visit supe Hong Kong again. It is a crazy interesting place and we barely got to get to know it in this novella. Are there more alternate supernatural cities out there? I am also super excited for Siren’s Song to come out so I can see Pritkin’s side of this insane battle. And how he came to be working with Zheng.

Overall fantastic story that leaves me wanting more. Can’t wait to jump back into this world! ( )
  desertsunsets | Jul 31, 2019 |
I loved this novella. Full of funny parts that made me laugh out loud. I love the world that Karen has created and that she crosses over characters between the books. I would most definitely recommend this to read, as it’s epic. I don’t know how Karen manages to keep track of everything while she is writing, as she never misses a beat and delivers book after book that are so complex and dynamic. I am in awe. ( )
  Mike_Amos | Jul 29, 2019 |
Another excellent addition to the Dorina Basarab series. Chance just keeps hitting them out of the park! Dragon’s Claw is a novella set after the fourth book in the series Shadow’s Bane with an awesome appearance by Pritkin from the Cassie books!!! I seriously got so excited when he showed up cause we got to see what he’s like after the events of Ride the Storm. We also get to see how Dory is doing with her vampire nature being a lot more dominant and more humorous scenes with Marlowe.

Loved it!! ( )
  ElaineHowlin | Oct 3, 2018 |
"I left a hot guy and a warm bed for this?" I toed over the nearest corpse, which as expected was of the fanged variety.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,808,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible