Buffalo Before Breakfast by Mary Pope…

Buffalo Before Breakfast (1999)

by Mary Pope Osborne

English (12)  German (1)  All languages (13)
This book is themed around the Lakota Indians, time travel, and the great plains. I would use this book in my teaching as a read aloud book to my students. I like this particular series of books because they are full of suspense and are fun to read. I would recommend this book to children in grades 1-3. ( )
  JaclynPoe | Dec 11, 2012 |
I picked this book up expecting to feel brain cells dying as I read it. I was very wrong; I can see why my students enjoy this series so much. It's very well written (albeit extremely simplistic) and interesting. It was an extremely quick read and is educational, to boot! ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
This book is about two kids who is trying to figure out these five riddles to make the dog spell come undone. They have already figured out two out of five and so much closer of getting the dog spell undone.

You should read this book because it is a good book if u like mystery books. You should also read this book because it would be something fun to do when you have some free time. Like if you need a couple of books to do then read one of these books. They're really intresting and really good.
  maddie.albert756 | Mar 13, 2011 |
Critique: This is a great example of science fiction book because Jack and Annie use a tree house to travel through time. In this particular book in the series the visit the Lakota people and learn about buffalo.
Setting: This is a good example of an integral setting because without the time travel back to the time of the Lakota people in the plains you would have no story line. The introduction includes them walking through the grasses and then again at the end. It is a very distinct picture, characteristic of the time, place and people. The story would not be the same without this setting.

Level: Intermediate
  nlevanen09 | Nov 8, 2010 |
it was strange ( )
  J.brittain1 | Sep 17, 2010 |
For Natalie,
kind and funny grandmother
of Andrew and Peter
Arf!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0679890645, Paperback)

Morgan Le Fey, a magical librarian from the time of King Arthur, has charged a brave young pair of children with the task of freeing an enchanted dog from a spell by collecting four gifts. In the 18th easy-to-read chapter book in Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House series, eight-year-old Jack and seven-year-old Annie travel back almost 200 years to the Great Plains to find a "gift from the prairie blue." Along the way, Annie and Jack make friends with young Black Hawk, narrowly miss a buffalo stampede, and learn about how the Lakotas view the earth and their place in it. (Ages 8 to 12)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:22 -0400)

The magic tree house takes Jack and his sister Annie to the Great Plains where they learn about the life of the Lakota Indians.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,599,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible