Scrap Everything by Leslie Gould

Scrap Everything

by Leslie Gould

34None326,920 (4)2

Leslie has done something that not many authors have done of late and that is keep my interest. I missed my bus stop this morning because I was so engrossed in the book and then I didn't want to put it down when my lunch hour was over. I walked home from the bus stop reading it so that I could finish it.

Elise, Ted and their two teenage sons move to the small town of Forest Falls just before Ted is called back to the Army. There Elise meets Rebekah and the two form a friendship slowly and hesitantly, and support each other through crisis's large and small. Rebekah runs a scrapbook shop and deals with her daughter needing a kidney transplant, while Elise is running from her memories of the small town in which she grew up and having to deal with two teenage boys while her husband is in Germany and Iraq.

Leslie has captured much of the angst and anger that teenage boys feel while their father is away, speaking from experience, my own Dad was in the Navy while I was growing up. The feelings are real and so is the behavior of the boys. ( )
  chainreader | Mar 27, 2007 |

Elise didn’t want to be in the town at alland certainly not in the scrapbooking shop… A month after Elise Shelton and her family arrive in Forest Falls, Oregon, she wanders into Rebekah Graham’s scrapbooking store. Elise deems Rebekah too perky and judges scrapbooking to be another never-gets-done chore, but she’s also drawn to the community of women who gather to crop their photos, lay out pages, and share their lives. The women rally around Elise when her husband is called back into the army and her family is thrown into turmoil. When Rebekah’s daughter faces a medical crisis, challenging Rebekah’s desire to control her life as tightly as she plans her scrapbook pages, the women must support each other. As both women battle to overcome their fears and to grow in faith, they discover unexpected giftsand an unlikely friendship that will change their lives.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible