Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Snow by Tracy Lynn

Snow

by Tracy Lynn

Series: Once Upon a Time

I liked this book, but it seemed like the ending was rushed. Also, I read a question that ruined a spoiler for me and that always takes a little bit of the fun away. ( )
  jynxmecrazie | Jul 15, 2018 |
A retelling of Snow White where Snow is Jessica, a duchess, and the 7 dwarves are outcasts. Filled with adventure, excitement, drama, magic, and (of course) true love. ( )
  emerald_dragon | Aug 2, 2013 |
Read my reviews HERE.
The basic storyline is quite the same. The King, Snow White, her evil stepmother, the evil queen’s magic mirror, a huntsman after Snow’s and the dwarves- altogether will give a very familiar environment in a very unfamiliar way. Along with the traditional concept of magic and supernatural in the story, author Tracy Lynn provides some more fantasy elements on her own that give the story a wonderful shape. The evil queen’s motif to kill Snow is different; instead of seven dwarves we have seven street thieves. The queen’s plot against Snow is bit different than the actual one also. The plot, the characters, the storyline, the diction- everything together makes Snow a wonderful read.
Now, as for the cons, I found the story to be irregular at times. Whether it was the story itself or the author, the story seemed to have lost its pace. But I could overlook that because of my overall interest in the book. If you are a reader who wants retellings to follow the exact same storyline as the actual tale, then I suggest don’t read it, it’s not for you and you’ll be disappointed. But if you are like me and love to read retellings that actually are ‘retellings’ that you should not miss this book. ( )
  Mutmainna | Mar 25, 2013 |
This book had a lot of occult and steampunkish elements, things I love. I do have to admit that the character Snow is a bit of a milksop, and the animal people/dwarf replacements were kind of annoying. I liked it more for the atmosphere than for the story. It isn't serious reading material, but if you're looking for something different, with some interesting themes, by all means read it. I own it, and I like it, but I wouldn't buy it. ( )
  Mortumi | May 21, 2012 |
This one disappointed me…
I love fairy tale retellings, LOVE IT! And I also love when authors come up with crazy twists to spice up the old stories we all know by heart, but the twists in Snow just…just aren’t for me. The “dwarfs” aren’t dwarfs, but a group of half human, half beast creatures, and I disliked every single one of them; “Prince Charming” isn’t a prince, or fully human for that matter – he has feathers growing in his head which makes me sick; and the way Snow falls into the evil stepmother’s trap it’s just plain silly. Come on, Snow! The woman wanted to kill you and EAT YOUR HEART, and you just go shopping for pretty dresses with her – silly.
It really pains me to give this book 2 stars, because it actually started out quite nicely, and I had a bit of fun with the younger Snow, the kitchen people, and Alan which is my favorite character in the story, but then she got older, and instead of becoming this awesome heroine, she became this dull young lady playing maid for a bunch of even duller creatures, and who acts silly around the villain. I can’t recommend it.

*PT* Cuidado com o Dálmata ( )
  Jen7waters | Feb 2, 2012 |

Tracy Lynnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craft, Kinuko Y.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Craft, Mahlon F.Cover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689855567, Mass Market Paperback)

Snow White, Rose Red

In a tiny Welsh estate, a duke and duchess lived happily, lacking only a child -- or, more importantly, a son and heir to the estate. Childbirth ultimately proved fatal for the young duchess. After she died, the duke was dismayed to discover that he was not only a widower, but also father to a tiny baby girl. He vowed to begin afresh with a new wife, abandoning his daughter in search of elusive contentment.

Independent -- virtually ignored -- and finding only little animals and a lonely servant boy as her companions, Jessica is pale, lonely and headstrong...and quick to learn that she has an enemy in her stepmother. "Snow," as she comes to be known, flees the estate to London and finds herself embraced by a band of urban outcasts. But her stepmother isn't finished with her, and if Jessica doesn't take control of her destiny, the wicked witch will certainly harness her youth -- and threaten her very life....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:25 -0400)

A retelling tale of a princess who takes refuge from her wicked stepmother by fleeing to London. Story inspired by brothers Grimm.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible