The Day My Bum Went Psycho by Andy Griffiths

The Day My Bum Went Psycho

by Andy Griffiths

A hysterically funny story about an unlikely, clumsy, and scared little hero named Zack. In this world, butts have little stick legs and arms. They can swim, fly, have teeth, grow fins (can be Great Whites), and they can be gigantic or miniature…in short just like in real life!

Zack’s butt has runaway, again, and this time it has gone psycho. The mass butt plot is to rearrange everyone the world over, via buttcanoe, and then let butts “take their rightful places…on top of the neck!”

Zack, the famous butt-hunter’s daughter Ellanor, and the B-Team (The Slapper, The Kicker, and The Kisser) team up to take-out the Great White Butt and stop Zack’s butt too! Kisser pulls a nasty double-cross, but luck saves Zack in the end. Ned Smelly also stops in for more comic relief…wait this whole book is comic relief. One butt pun after another! This was a pretty stinking good book! I read it in two sittings! ( )
  NicolBolas | Oct 2, 2011 |
The day my bum went psycho by Andy Griffiths is the first book of three. The book is about a boy and how he lost his bum, Zack Freeman has to take a ride across the great windy desert, trough the brown forest and in the deep heart of the bumcano, to fight the biggest, ugliest, pimpliest bum ever. I did enjoy reading this book as I read the book a long time ago and it brings back nostalgia. Even if the cover says it’s based on a true story it’s not as it is to ridiculous. It still has a good and interest storyline; I think what interesting that bum get fed up the neglect and mistreatment of them and so decide to run away. It is a comedy, and has some laugh but its usage of the word bum is funny for about 2minutes then just gets tedious, it might be more appealing to the more immature audiences but for me it just got more and more repetitive throughout the book. The author did a good job will its characters, allot of imagination went into them. The author also did a great job introducing them, all were pretty interesting none the same as other
Overall the book was pretty good and is recommending for 10-14 year olds. The book did make me laugh a few times and that’s a good thing.
  KhangNguyen | Jul 8, 2011 |
I'll admit I didn't heed the GROSS warning on the very first page, I'm glad I didn't! I was fast paced, suspenseful and funny with quite a twist near the end. I'd recommend this book to any one with a sense of humor!
  cougargirl1967 | Aug 8, 2009 |
This is a hilarious book about a boy named Zack who has a runaway butt that is psycho. In this book, Zack must fight kamikaze butts, giant blowflies, and a lot of other butt puns. I really liked it because the author was really clever when making up the butt puns, and mixed in adventure with exhilaratingly funny potty humor. I highly recommend this book to all kids because kids love potty humor and hilarious books like this one. This books will give you hundreds of laughs and even eventually gross you out when you look back on Zack being sucked into the Giant Blowfly's proboscis. That's a plus! ( )
  laf | Mar 23, 2009 |
207/207

Sure, this book may seem a tad,"childish" but i really like how the story connected. The book is about a boy named zack freeman and his butt is on the loose. Like i said a tad "childish" but the author describes everything so well in the book its just plain weird. He goes in a turn of events and fights the leader of them. The main character is Zack who is irresponsible, his butt leaves a lot and gets caught back. during the time he goes to search it. He learns more about responsibility and learns he was destined to stop the revolt of butts leaving. I can relate to zack because he lost something VERY important to him and he did whatever he could to save it. The one thing i didnt like was that there was too many enemies that were like a boss in a video game. there was about 4 major enemies but it really was annoying to see them. I recommend this to people who like a good laugh or are unsure what to buy.
1 vote brandon_loza | Dec 17, 2007 |
First published in Australia as The Day my Bum Went Psycho, republished in the US as The Day My Butt Went Psycho.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439424690, Paperback)

While wisely rated G for Gross ("Contains immature material not suitable for adults"), Andy Griffiths' very funny debut novel will almost certainly blow away--perhaps literally, stinkingly--anyone of any age who's ever suspected that their backside might be up to something.

Translated from the Australian (sold Down Under as "The Day My Bum Went Psycho"), this adventure begins with the nighttime flight of our 12-year-old protagonist Zach's pale little heinie and doesn't let up for over 200 pages--most of which are filled almost exclusively with the word "butt." At first, Zach believes his butt might be leading some sort of minor butt rebellion, but the plot quickly thickens to include a global army of feral butts, the "greatest buttcano in the history of the world," and a head-butt "rearrangement" conspiracy that goes all the way to the... um, bottom. Our well-meaning but naive hero Zach soon gets mixed up with the butt-fighting "B-team" (the Kicker, the Kisser, and the Smacker, who all "love the smell of freshly smacked butt in the morning!"), fires his very first 4502-LL ("The LL stood for Laxative Launcher"), learns how to "butt-hop" ("The average butt has enough gas to propel itself and a rider for twenty minutes...."), and goes on a long, wild chase involving cluster butts, buttcatchers, kamikaze butts, stinkants, and even the fearsome Stenchgantor, "the Great Unwiped Butt." (And that's not even counting all those seagoing butt piranhas and poopoises.)

Griffiths surely likes the cheap laughs and doesn't miss a single opportunity for buttly wordplay (from "high-frequency emissions" to the smell-ranking "Rectum scale"), but that doesn't make The Day My Butt Went Psycho any less clever--the fast-moving plot has as many double-crosses as double entendres, and Griffiths weaves in some pretty brilliant ideas. Who knew you could have a death throe scene between a butt and its owner? Also includes a snarky butt glossary in the book's... uh, rear. (Ages 9 to 12) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:33 -0400)

Zack Freeman is ready to tell his story of a brave young boy and his crazy runaway butt. The story conveys a crack butt-fighting unit called the B-team, a legendary Butt Hunter's formidable daughter, and some of the ugliest and meanest butts ever.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,987,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible