dismiss

The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About…

by Jonny Bowden

A complete guide to the healthiest foods you can eat - and how to cook them! Why get your nutrients from expensive supplements when you can enjoy delicious, nourishing foods instead? From almonds to yucca, readers will find out what nutrients each of the 150 featured foods contains, what form contains the most nutrients, if it's been recommended to combat any diseases, where to find it, how to prepare it, and how much to eat - plus wonderful recipes using these sometimes obscure foods! Indexes by nutrient, by disease, and by food make finding what you need a snap, and the at-a-glance format makes the information as easy to digest as the foods themselves.… (more)

This book is more than just a list of foods you should be eating, although it is that too). He has a lot of detail about why a particular food made the list (or didn't). It's a very fast, enjoyable read, so much so I'd like to give to several family members and friends...which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. I got the Kindle version and usually you can lend your Kindle book to someone for 2 weeks but this book doesn't have lending enable!

CatQuilt | Sep 5, 2019 |

catquilt74 | Apr 16, 2017 |
A basic primer on delicious, nutritious whole foods. I did not read the entire volume, but I did page through it, confirming much of what I already know. Particularly appealing is the font size and images depicting the vegetables and fruits which are the mainstays of a healthy diet. Definitely worth the trouble if you are uncertain as to the health properties of the food. ( )
  phoenixcomet | Oct 14, 2014 |
It took me a long time to come back to this book after the tragic abuse of English in the forward ("this problem in languaging") but I sucked it up and carried on. The information is interesting, fun and probably pretty good nutritional advice. It somehow felt too 'rah-rah' to me, though. Too USA Today. Too sound-bitey. I'm a cranky devotee of Michael Pollan, and I like my food information geeky and cloaked in dense layers of information. But this was okay. It would be good for someone just starting to discover real food after a lifetime of McDonald's and Dairy Queen meals. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
If you're looking to fix your diet and fill it with healthy foods this is an interesting list of those things you should consider and why. The benefits and some cautions included which is rare for a food book! He also recommends using this book in conjunction with medicine instead of instead of, again a rarity.

Interesting stuff but you need to add your own salt and as he recommends himself, check and double-check the information. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 29, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,089,265 books! | Top bar: Always visible