The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye by…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye (original 2004; edition 2006)

by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore (Illustrator)

Title:The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Other authors:Tony Moore (Illustrator)
Info:Image Comics (2006), Edition: Volume 1, Paperback, 144 pages
Tags:Graphic Novel

The Walking Dead, Volume 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman (2004)

English (83)  French (4)  German (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (89)
I'm a fan of the TV show. However, I have missed a few seasons and wanted to start reading the graphic novel and get caught up on the show with the past seasons. I enjoyed this book. So weird to see Rick as a cartoon but I got used to it. Happy it was in black and white so I didn't get to see the gore in color (yes I'm a wus). The end was surprising with Carl saving his dad's life. I'm looking forward to reading the other graphic novels in the series and comparing it to the tv show. ( )
  booklover3258 | Oct 4, 2016 |
Review coming soon. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
This is even better the second time around. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
This was pretty amazing. Kirkman completely blew me away with actual character development and a storyline I actually want to follow.
In his author's note he promised that he'll never leave readers wondering what happens next, which is just a brilliant way to approach writing a zombie story. You tell me you'll never leave me hanging and write a great story?! I'm sold. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Straight-forward comic all in black & white. Very fun and violent to boot. Highly recommended! ( )
  apomonis | Jun 2, 2016 |
Taking a well-worn genre—flesh-eating zombies overrun the world and the unlucky surviving humans must deal with the gruesome aftermath—and approaching it from a purely character-driven point of view propels this series into the spotlight from out of nowhere. This collection of the first six issues of the ongoing series opens with police officer Rick Grimes awakening from a gunshot-induced coma. From here, he's immediately dragged into a world where dangerous revenants are shambling amok without any sort of an explanation. From the moment Grimes comes to, it's a harrowing battle to avoid hordes of decomposing zombies and a hope-against-all-odds search for his missing family. Grimes makes his way to Atlanta, the nearest large city where there may be other living people, and events take several unexpected turns upon his arrival, as he meets up with a rural encampment of survivors. Of course, as in recent hit movies 28 Days Later... and Dawn of the Dead, the last humans may turn out to be as much a danger as the zombies. Forceful scripting that gives the book a strong grounding in reality, crisp b&w artwork, a shocking final sequence and brisk, gory proceedings elevate this book from the trash heap of pedestrian horror comics.

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffColoristmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is not good.
Please do not combine with The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1, The Walking Dead Book 1 or The Walking Dead Volume 1 Deluxe HC. The "volumes" are trade paperbacks which collect 6 issues, while the "books" are hard covers which collect 12 issues, the "Deluxe HC" collects 24 issues and the "compendium" collects 48 issues.

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. Rick Grimes finds himself one of the few survivors in this terrifying future. A couple months ago he was a small town cop who had never fired a shot and only ever saw one dead body. Separated from his family, he must now sort through all the death and confusion to try and find his wife and son. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living.

Police officer Rick Grimes is shot on the job and wakes up a month later to find that the world that he knows is gone. Zombies have taken over and are killing and eating those who are still alive. He sets out toward Atlanta in the hope that his family is still alive and endures many horrors along the way.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,824,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible