Criss Cross (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo…

Criss Cross (PsyCop) (edition 2009)

by Jordan Castillo Price

Member:maybedog
Title:Criss Cross (PsyCop)
Authors:Jordan Castillo Price
Info:JCP Books (2009), Edition: 2, Kindle Edition, 131 pages
Tags:what-modern-fantasy, what-male-protagonist, where-own, what-paranormal-romance, what-thank-you-officer, why-favorite-authors, why-favorite-series, what-ghosts, what-glbtq, what-psychic, what-m-m-read

Criss Cross (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price

As with the first book, I loved spending time in Victor’s head, but I think both the mystery and the relationship development would benefit from longer stories.

Jacob’s patient and caring and obviously very invested in his relationship with Vic. Still, he remains a little bit of a mystery, not surprising since they don’t seem to ever have more than a passing serious conversation about their relationship. I hope things will improve on that front.

The jury’s still out on Crash, Jacob's ex-boyfriend. I’m sure there’s more to find out about him, but I wasn’t a fan of his attitude when it came to Victor’s talent. Also, any character who responds to “I’m in a relationship right now” with “no one has to know” isn’t gonna win any points with me anytime soon. ( )
  Ele.na | Jun 8, 2018 |
4.5 stars

I'm loving this series! It has awesome mystery, action, suspense, sci-fi, super hot erotic sex scenes, cops, spirits, dead people, people with psychic abilities, bits that gave me the creeps. . . Oooh it's great! I can't wait for more. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
4.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

This book would fly by even if it weren't so short. At least it's almost 200 pages this time around, rather than a mere 89 pages like the first.

There's not a strong outright mystery for Vic to put his magic-mojo detective skills towards, but instead the problems hits closer to home. He has to figure out who to trust and ends up trusting the wrong people for the wrong reasons despite best intentions, but hey, how many books and movies would we be without if that common plot trope didn't exist?

Victor is still enjoyable as the troubled and awkward psych who stumbles through his relationship with Jacob like he's walking in a field filled with landmines, and this isn't helped by the introduction to a bizarre ex who shoots hostility with one statement, flirtation with the next.

Criss Cross mainly focuses on the romantic relationship angles, but it ends by digging into a dark theme and shows what happens when Victor is misled by the wrong people. Creepy stuff, it's dark world that's creatively done.

While the introduction in the first book made bedroom play hot, it's a little repetitive and overdone here, making it almost erotica rather than m/m romance. It carries enough story to make it worth reading though, and was hard to put down despite small annoyances.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Again, I quite enjoyed this story by Price. I'll definitely be looking to finish the series and keeping my eyes open for others. I found Vic and Jacob hot together and Jacob is just so wonderfully accepting and understanding. He makes me swoon.

I did think Vic came across as pretty wimpy for a lot of the novella, though I understand he was kind of experiencing constant trauma. I also thought it was all a little predictable. I had it figured out quite early and I thought the plot line (as in who was the bad guy, etc) was one I had read many times before, even if not necessarily with the psychic aspect. And, for being the elite of the bureau they sure don't seem to vet their officers very well. ( )
  SadieSForsythe | Feb 24, 2016 |

Criss Cross finds the ghosts surrounding Victor getting awfully pushy. The medications that Victor usually takes to control his abilities are threatening to destroy his liver, and his new meds aren't any more effective than sugar pills.

Vic is also adjusting to a new PsyCop partner, a mild-mannered guy named Roger with all the personality of white bread. At least he's willing to spring for the Starbucks.

Jacob's ex-boyfriend, Crash, is an empathic healer who might be able to help Victor pull his powers into balance, but he seems more interested in getting into Victor’s pants than in providing any actual assistance.

Jordan Castillo Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,019,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible