Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Survival (2009)

by Yossi Ghinsberg

"What begins as a dream adventure for four amicable--if hastily met--mochileros (backpackers) quickly becomes a struggle for survival as they unravel under the duress of the jungle. They are an odd mix, to be sure: Marcus, the Swiss mystic; Karl, the shady Austrian geologist; Kevin, the well-intentioned American photographer; and Yossi, the Israeli adventurer"--Cover.… (more)

A riveting tale of adventure, hope, and ultimately defying death in the Peruvian Amazon. This is the true story of Yossi Ghinsberg as he sets out on an Amazon exploration adventure with 3 others and ends up on his own trying to survive for the next 3 weeks. I kept putting myself in his situation and quite frankly it scared the crap out of me. I have no desire to see the movie as I don't think it could come close to what I was imagining him going through while reading this. A nice piece of work...recommended for all. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 30, 2019 |
Drew you into what the individuals were experiencing....there is no way to imagine fully what they went through. Mysterious secrets, a missing friend.....like something out of a movie! How the author survived is truly a miracle and testiment to his will to live! ( )
  TiffanyHow | Oct 3, 2017 |
Good solid survival story, just like I like them! ( )
  Karndog | May 1, 2017 |
What a great read.

I added this book to my wish list cause I like survivor stories and this one was recommended to me by amazon plus it had good reviews.

When I started I did not know anything really about this book and that is the best way to start reading so I won’t spoil here but I am going to tell you, if you like survivor stories buy this book. I can just say one word. Wow!!!

Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
I usually read fiction but picked up this true account after reading a review. So glad I didn't pass it by. This is the story of four young men who meet in Boliva and plan a two-month trek into the jungle to look for gold. It is told in the first person by the author, Yossi Ghinsberg, and I love the way he writes. It's as though he's telling the story to a trusted friend. I was amazed at the poor judgement of these young men. It makes me want to get on Google Earth and look up some of these incredible remote villages in the jungle. Reading the book also spurred me on to Googling "shrunken heads", and that's all I'll say. ( )
1 vote Fanny | Sep 28, 2011 |
Queste? Queste? -- Helaqui! Helaqui!
(Where is it? Where is it? -- It is here! It is here!)
- Vesty Pakos
For Marcus
If I had never fallen in with Marcus in Puno, I might never have met Kevin or crossed paths with Karl.

Skyhorse Publishing

3 editions of this book were published by Skyhorse Publishing.

Editions: 1602393702, 1632203642, 1510718613

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,487,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible