Vet in Harness by James Herriot

Danish (2)  English (1)  All languages (3)
This one seemed sadder than the others, mentions of the war as well as changes taking place in animal care. Makes me wonder what the next ones will be like, I like reading about 'the old ways'.

Liked the chapters with lambing - there were more of them than in previous books ^_^ but missed Tricki-Woo. :-(

Not so much Siegfried in this one but I loved the chapter when Helen got pregnant and he gave James £50 in his own special way.

Took longer to read because I had to get an assignment written. ( )
  Caitak | May 9, 2011 |
As I crawled into bed and put my arm around Helen it occurred to me, not for the first time, that there are few pleasures in this world to compare with snuggling up to a nice woman when you are half frozen.

The Yorkshire Dales have never seemed more beautiful for James - now he is married with a partner's plate on the gate and the usual menagerie of animals and owners demanding his constant attention. Herriot's books form the basis of the popular BBC TV series "All Creatures Great and Small".

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:46 -0400)

This is James Herriot's fourth volume of superb memoirs. The Yorkshire dales have never seemed more beautiful for James - now he has a lovely wife by his side, a partner's plate on the gate and the usual menagerie of farm animals, pets and owners demanding his constant attention and teaching him a few lessons along the way.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,336,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible