Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Safari Beneath the Sea: The Wonder World of…

Safari Beneath the Sea: The Wonder World of the North Pacific Coast

by Diane Swanson

This book contains vibrant photographs of sea creatures and contains great informational text features that are not common in children's literature. This book has headings, sidebars, a table of contents, and an index. I like this book because it specializes in the Pacific Northwest which makes it more relatable to the children because many of them could have traveled to the beach. The book is also split into five parts (Plants, Spineless Stars, Fish, and Mammals) so I could assign one part to each group and they could create projects that they present to the class to teach their part of the book. ( )
  bjacobsen15 | Sep 8, 2018 |
Safari Beneath The Sea

The first thing that interested right when I started reading this book is the very visual pictures of each underwater sea animal, and with that I never got tired of reading each fact about said different animals. Second, thing that I found curious about this nonfiction book was that on each page of this book it presented side facts that the reading of each animal that made again each animal that more enjoyable. Overall this book not only with its side facts, but, also, with its very visual pictures is it able to engross people such as myself into this type of nonfiction work, so in turn the author got me interested in wanting to read more books about under sea life. ( )
  MrChowder20 | Apr 5, 2016 |
This non-fiction book illustrates and richly describes the ocean life along the Northern Pacific Coast. Including both animals and plants, readers get a full sense of what is out there. I often do a plant and animal study in my 3rd grade classes and find this book useful as the pictures accompanying the text really help bring the information together for the students. The book provides rich detail while keeping the language simple enough for student readers. I think it is a good book to have in a library collection. ( )
  ElaineZhang | Jul 21, 2015 |
This book is about the North Pacific Coast which is really exciting being from the Northwest. It tells about the different plant and animal life I the waters here and also about how people can act like fish when they scuba dive. There are also facts about the strange things that the ocean does as well as some amazing facts about the animals on the North Pacific Coast. The pictures are about the plant life and animal life on the coast and they are very bright and detailed and are often photographed against a black background to show the colors of the ocean life. I like the way the titles of the sections reference what we see on land like "Forest of Fish" to connect the reader more to what it looks like in the ocean. The information boxes on the sides of the pages give quick references to more specific life forms and something interesting they do in the ocean.
  vanessa.wallace | Jun 6, 2014 |
The life under the sea is seen through the pictures and the words of the book. It is informing us about the waters and the animal life in that region. Its a great book for all ages.
  Hayley.Tuttle | Jun 10, 2012 |

An exciting safari into the rich coastal waters of the North Pacific, between Oregon and Alaska. A unique combination of winds, currents, and geography makes this area a perfect home for a wide variety of marine plants and animals.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:44 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,526,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible