Nutcracker Sweets at Moonglow (The Moonglow…

Nutcracker Sweets at Moonglow (The Moonglow Christmas Series Book 4) (edition 2018)

by Deborah Garner (Author)

Series: Moonglow (4)

432,396,706 (4.5)None
Member:LaurasReading
Title:Nutcracker Sweets at Moonglow (The Moonglow Christmas Series Book 4)
Authors:Deborah Garner (Author)
Info:Cranberry Cove Press (2018), 107 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Christmas, holiday fiction, sweet romance, clean romance, small town

Nutcracker Sweets at Moonglow by Deborah Garner

No tags.

While you can read this as a stand alone and enjoy it, especially with the plethora of fantastic recipes included (warning- you may gain weight just by paging through this delicious volume) I hope you will read this entire delightful series. A comfy spot is required for reading; soft, instrumental music as background is suggested.
Picking up a Moonglow book feels like visiting favorite friends.
You will not want to leave.

I did give this book 5 stars, because I loved it, but I found it a bit lacking in story compared to the previous installations of this series. As I said, you can read it as a stand alone but the magic is a continuation of Mist's residence and creations at the Timberton Hotel. Betty seemed sort of an afterthought this time. Not that having the book Mist centric is a bad thing.

The tension in the story seems to have happened before the book began. A nearby theatre burned down, leaving several of the players stranded. Fortunately they joined the celebrations at Timberton.
A mysterious person is among the guests this year, as well as two young girls. This all serves for an interesting mix as is found each Christmas at this particular hotel.

The book is sweet and warm, definitely clean, a worthy addition to a loved series. It was just lacking in some tension, even as there were unknowns included in the storyline.
If you love small town settings and holiday romance, nothing dangerous and scary , this is an escape read you will enjoy. Come for the desserts, stay for the story. I do recommend you read more than just this one book in the Moonglow Christmas series. ( )
  LaurasReading | Nov 21, 2018 |
It’s that magical time of the year again at the Timberton Hotel. There’s new faces as well as old. Mist always weaves her magic to make every aspect of their Christmas stay unforgettable. This one seemed even more special than usual.

I so wish I could stay at the hotel, whether it’s Christmas or not. The stories draw me in every time. They make Christmas feel brighter, more festive and, yes, truly magical. Every time I finish the read, I want to start preparing for the holidays immediately. It is amazing how high my spirits become. If you ever need to get into the spirit of Christmas, this story will certainly do it. ( )
  jgbaswell | Nov 17, 2018 |
Even though this is book four in the Moonglow series it is the first one I have read. It is a standalone book full of Christmas cheer. Misty and Beth are so welcoming and warm to everyone that enters Timberton hotel.

Coming through their doors this Christmas was some of the cast from a theatre production needed a place to stay because the theatre had burnt down. And they really couldn’t have dreamed of a nicer place to spend their Christmas, it had a huge sense of togetherness and family even when the visitors were nothing more than strangers.

I really enjoyed this book, because it was such a nice, happy and joyful book to read. You can read it in one sitting and there is no suspense or drama just happiness in it. What is even better is all the recipes in the back of the book. I’ll be making some of those soon.

I will definitely be grabbing the other three books in the series as it was a pleasant read. ( )
  StressedRach | Nov 16, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,355,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible