Christmas Captive (Christmas Romantic…

Christmas Captive (Christmas Romantic Suspense Book 2) (edition 2018)

by Jane Blythe (Author)

223,663,697 (4.5)None
Member:sherry69
Title:Christmas Captive (Christmas Romantic Suspense Book 2)
Authors:Jane Blythe (Author)
Info:Bear Spots Publications (2018), 188 pages
Tags:jane blythe, romance, mystery, suspense, thriller, series, stands alone, holiday, christmas, read in 2018, 4 star review

Christmas Captive (Christmas Romantic Suspense Book 2) by Jane Blythe

Recently added bysherry69, TheGenreMinx

No tags.

I love that Jane Blythe gets to the nitty gritty, captivating theme early.

Taylor had been missing for nineteen months before she managed to escape and end up at the hospital.

Special Agent Chloe Luckman is on the case…and because her ex boyfriend found Taylor on the side of the road, she will have to deal with him too. While in the hospital, trying to talk to Taylor, who begins to panic, in walks Fin. He is the only one Taylor will cling to. Dr. Eric Abbott is on the case too. Chloe is well aware of his beside manner. They had both suffered the loss of a child.

Could she have a second chance with Fin? I love second chance stories. I love watching the characters work through their issues and come out the other side happy and whole.

Chloe loves Christmas time. She loves wearing funny clothes, ugly sweaters and her favorite reindeer hat. Christmas tree slipper boots…what fun.

Chloe and her partner, Tom, thought they knew who took Taylor, they just needed her confirmation. And she gave it.

The physical and psychological torture The Breaker foists on his victims is unimaginably horrific. …stuff like this happens in real life and I will never understand it. It angers and disgusts me. At 75% I saw this coming, but Jane Blythe strung me along on some twists and turns that only added to my anticipation, surprise and sadness the way it came about.

I loved the book and highly recommend it. Jane Blythe’s books usually rate a 5 from me, so why the 4? The characters are great, deep and flawed, just the way I like them. But, for some reason, my mind wandered in a couple of places. That rarely happens with Jane’s stories, usually they have my undivided attention. Was it me?

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Christmas Hostage by Jane Blythe.

See more at http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Dec 6, 2018 |
Crime never takes a break, not even for the holidays and it is during the Christmastime season that Chloe and her partner find themselves getting a break in a case that has eluded the authorities for over a decade. In Christmas Captive, when Chloe’s ex-boyfriend, Fin, found a woman who appeared to be drunk, stumbling around the road, he never expected that it would be a woman who was fleeing from her captor. This story was so chilling! The perpetrator of the crimes was a deranged lunatic whose obsession has led to a spot-on moniker that was unforgettable. Such an apt description of this criminal and so very terrifying!

Once Fin had convinced the woman he meant her no harm and was going to get her to safety he thought that his involvement would end there and that is exactly what he wanted. Fin wished to be left alone because he was still hollowed out from a tragedy that had destroyed his world. Unfortunately for him, the woman had developed a dependency on her “white knight” and in order to help the authorities with the case Fin had to stick around. I can’t say that I was a fan of the victim but I think that her situation was realistically portrayed as she had been held captive for over a year and would hold tightly to anyone that made her feel safe.

Chloe had mixed feelings about being around Fin again. There were many things left unsaid between them and seeing him stirred feelings that she thought were long extinguished. I loved that the relationship between Fin and Chloe was complex, even though Fin’s behavior was not appreciated by me. They had suffered an unspeakable tragedy and it would only make sense that there would be much anger that was directed both outwardly as well as inward. There was a lot to process with these characters and it added to the suspense because there was no clear outcome for them.

What an amazing story, as it was a suspenseful and terrifying read, yet had its moments of cheer. I loved how there were little instances of Christmastime levity throughout the book. It was a very cute way to keep the story flowing without getting too lost in the depravity that could have overwhelmed a holiday story. It was nicely done! Overall, this was a story that had all the right elements for a suspenseful romance and I would highly recommend Christmas Captive to readers who are looking for a holiday story that has a bit of pep in its step!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Author, Jane Blythe. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Nov 18, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,917,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible