Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743476670, Paperback)OVER 50 MILLION COPIES IN PRINT!
THE CLASSIC THAT CONTINUES TO GROW WITH THE TIMES! For sixty-five years, parents have relied on the expert advice of renowned pediatrician Dr. Benjamin Spock. But while children never change, issues and concerns do. Dr. Robert Needlman, himself a top-notch pediatrician, has newly updated and expanded this timeless classic to speak to any parent who is raising children in our rapidly changing world. While still providing reassuring advice on age-old topics such as caring for a new baby, as well as accidents, illness, and injuries, this book also contains expanded information in many new areas, including:
- Cutting-edge medical opinion on immunizations
- Obesity and nutrition
- Cultural diversity and nontraditional family structures
- Children's learning and brain development
- The newest thinking on children with special needs
- Environmental health
- Increasingly common disorders such as ADHD, depression, and autism-- including medications and behavioral interventions
- Children and the media, including electronic games
- Coping with family stress
- And much, much more
With an updated glossary of common medications and an authoritative list of the most reliable online resources, this invaluable guide is still the next best thing to Dr. Spock's #1 rule of parenting: "Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:47 -0400)
Generations of parents have relied on Dr Spock's bestselling guide to childcare. Collaborating with Dr Steven J. Parker, Dr Spock updated and expanded his book to meet the changes and challenges of the 21st century.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.