Praying Our Goodbyes by Joyce Rupp

Praying Our Goodbyes (1988)

by Joyce Rupp

From the publisher ~ Everyone has unique goodbyes—times of losing someone or something that has given life meaning and value. With the touch of a poet, Joyce Rupp offers her wisdom on "these experiences of leaving behind and moving on, the stories of union and separation that are written in all our hearts." Praying Our Goodbyes, Rupp says, is about the spirituality of change. It is a book for anyone who has experienced loss, whether a job change, the end of a relationship, the death of a loved one, a financial struggle, a mid-life crisis, or an extended illness. It is designed to help readers reflect, ritualize, and re-orient themselves—to help heal the hurts caused by goodbyes and the anxieties encountered when one season of life ends and another begins.
  mannafood | Apr 19, 2012 |
To Dad his wisdom, laughter, enthusiasm for life and deep love of the earth are among my greatest treasures and to Emily Palmer, OSM, Servite sister and friend, her courage in living and in dying has blessed me.
It was 1968.  I had never tout about anyone in my family dying.

Joyce Rupp has written a book about "these experiences of leaving behind and moving on, the stories of union and separation that are written in all our hearts." "Praying Our Goodbyes", she says, is about the "spirituality of change." It is a book for anyone who has experienced loss, whether it be a job change, the end of a friendship, the death of a loved one, a financial struggle, a mid-life crisis or an extended illness. It is designed to help the reader recognize, ritualize, reflect on and re-orient themselves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,633,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible