Streams in the Desert by L. B. Cowman

Streams in the Desert (1925)

by L. B. Cowman

Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
A book to restore and rejuvenate the soul ( )
  authordanagoodman | Mar 3, 2015 |
Copyright 1925
  pastorroy | Jun 11, 2013 |
Wonderful volume of daily meditations, connecting man to God. ( )
  phoenixcomet | Jul 9, 2012 |
本書內容大部分採自美國考門夫人所編。但本書乃是節取原著中之菁華,因此有些是節譯,有協則刪減,使之簡短​有力、字字珠璣,當中也另有增補進國內聖徒的著作。​
  OCMCCP | Oct 26, 2011 |

L. B. Cowmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Reimann, JamesEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Through waves, and clouds, and storms He gently clears the way.
In the pathway of faith we come to learn that the Lord's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways.
Introduction: October 24, 1995, is a date I will never forget.
. . . In the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. (Isa. 35:6)

In a barren wilderness, L. B. Cowman long ago discovered a fountain that sustained her, and she shared it with the world, Streams in the Desert -- her collection of prayerful meditations, Christian writings, and God's written promises--has become one of the most dearly loved, best-selling devotionals of all time since its first publication in 1925. Filled with insight into the richness of God's provision and the purpose of His plan, this enduring classic has encouraged and inspired generations of Christians. I heard the flow of hidden springs; before me palms rose green and fair; The birds were singing; all the air was filled and stirred with angels' wings. Now James Reimann, editor of the highly acclaimed updated edition of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, again brings us the wisdom of the past in the language of today, by introducing this updated edition of Streams in the Desert. With fresh, contemporary wording and precise NIV text, the timeless message of the original flows unhindered through these pages, lending guidance and hope to a new generation of believers. We never know where God has hidden His streams. We see a large stone and have no idea that it covers the source of a spring. We see a rocky areas and never imagine that it is hiding a fountain. God leads me into hard and difficult places, and it is there I realize I am where eternal streams abide. Day by day, Streams in the Desert will lead you from life's dry desolate places to the waters of the River of Life -- and beyond, to their very Source.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:56 -0400)

To avoid getting up in the morning Loretta tries being a frozen mammoth, an owl, and a hybernating crab, but the household noises are too much for her.

Zondervan

6 editions of this book were published by Zondervan.

Editions: 0310210062, 031023011X, 0310484006, 0310221293, 0310282756, 0310285895

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,569,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible