The Simple Art of Flying by Cory Leonardo

The Simple Art of Flying (edition 2019)

by Cory Leonardo (Author)

611,829,349 (4)None
Member:Jill41
Title:The Simple Art of Flying
Authors:Cory Leonardo (Author)
Info:Aladdin (2019), 384 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:21st C. American Literature, Animals, Children's Literature, Middle Grades

The Simple Art of Flying by Cory Leonardo

First, can we just take a minute to talk about this cover? It’s absolutely adorable! I love the birds, and the books, and the colors. That alone would pull me into the book. Second, can I just tell you that I wish we had books like this when I was a kid! Don’t get me wrong, Beverly Cleary, Ramona Quimby, The Baby Sitters Club, and a few others were awesome. But, books like TSAOF would have been happily devoured then, too!

I absolutely adored Alastair. I’m not a fan of birds, but it they were all like Alastair I would have a dozen! I loved his curmudgeon quirkiness, and his ability to pull you into the story, along with his sister Aggie. His poetry was awesome and captivating! And, Fritz. Let me tell you what. I saw a lot of my own kiddos in Fritz. He was just lovable. And, Bertie! The perfect “grandma” for the story. I loved her laugh-out-loud moments in the story.

This debut novel by the amazingly talented Cory Leonardo is one that should be on every young reader’s shelves. It’s filled with life lessons, lots of laughter, characters who will become friends, and lots of fun. If you have a younger reader, age 8 and up, I would definitely recommend you get this for them. It’s worthy of 4 stars, for sure! Great job on your debut, Leonardo!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from Aladdin and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.* ( )
  cover2covercafe | Mar 4, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,449,367 books! | Top bar: Always visible