24 Girls in 7 Days by Alex Bradley

24 Girls in 7 Days

by Alex Bradley

This is a really cute young adult novel about a boy, Jack Grammar, who is trying to find a date for the senior prom. His friends write a personal ad for him to put on the school's website, and the response is overwhelming! The friends narrow the list down from hundreds of girls to just twenty-four, whom Jack must go out with in the last 7 days before prom. Parts of this book are laugh-out-loud funny, and overall it is just a great story that reads well and sticks with you once you're done. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
it was ok but not what I expected, the end was kinda wired for me . ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |
Very fun - I liked that it didn't go the places I anticipated. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
A breezy, fun read about a guy, Jack, whose best friends put an ad on his behalf in their school's online newspaper to advertise for a prom date. He has a week to go on 24 dates and find his date to the prom.
As Jack tries to navigate this strange situation, he gets some wise words along the way from the mysterious FancyPants. While his friends have his best interests at heart, they aren't always honest with Jack, whose week pushes his boundaries.
I really liked this line, "The worst thing that people can really do is say 'no' to you. And 'no' isn't that bad because eventually it helps point you in the right direction, I think. Helps you find 'yes'." (254) ( )
  ewyatt | Jul 5, 2012 |
24 Girls started out strong, but as I reached the half way point, I realized that I'd slowly begun to care less and less what happened to our hero. It's a really interesting premise, where a likeable guy's best friends post a joke ad for a prom date and he gets a list of possible girls, all of whom are not right in some way because he's been talking to someone called FancyPants online and we all know where that's heading. As much as I enjoyed the opening, it lost steam after the first third and I really didn't care anymore. I skimmed the last part of the book just to find out who FancyPants was. ( )
  strongpieces | Jan 20, 2012 |

There are few things sadder than Jack Grammar’s love life. So when his friends take it upon themselves to get him a date to the prom by placing an intensely humiliating ad in the school paper, they think they are doing him a favor. Jack doesn’t agree. But then the most amazing thing happens: responses to the ad are overwhelming. So overwhelming, in fact, that Jack must narrow the list down. A lot. Not an easy task. Turns out, the girls at City High are quite competitive. From drive-by flashings to breaking and entering to cell phone stalkers, these potential prom dates will stop at nothing to snag the suddenly popular Jack. How will he ever choose just one?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:30 -0400)

Jack Grammar, average American senior, has no date to the prom. Or so he thinks. Percy and Natalie, Jack's so-called best friends, post an ad in the classified section of the online version of the school newspaper. They figure it couldn't hurt. After all, there's not much in this world sadder than Jack's love life. Soon Percy and Natalie have assembled a list of girls eager to go to the prom with Jack, including one mysterious girl known only as FancyPants. He has just seven days to meet and date them before he will ask one special girl to the prom.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible