24 Girls in 7 Days by Alex Bradley

24 Girls in 7 Days

by Alex Bradley

it was ok but not what I expected, the end was kinda wired for me . ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |
This book was REALLY cute, and I wasn't sure how it was going to end (i.e. who he was going to end up with), but I really liked the way it ended... I'm not sure I'd call this "realistic fiction," because would this really happen? Who knows. But I sure enjoyed reading it!

All right, so this book was written by a guy from a male high-school senior's point-of-view, which under most circumstances frightens me, because I honestly don't want to know how much teenage boys think about sex. No thank you. But it was actually QUITE clean and innocent, other than some mild-ish language.

So the book is about this boy, Jack, who is pretty pathetic when it comes to girls, but he really wants to go to his Senior Prom, for very adorable sentimental reasons. So he asks this girl out that he's had a crush on for 3 years, and ALMOST gets her to say yes before he botches it. And, well, his two best friends (Percy and Natalie) decide to help him out a little bit by placing a personal ad in the school newspaper for Jack. Which is REALLY embarrassing. But it seems to work... he gets a ton of responses, so Natalie and Percy whittle it down to 24 girls that he has to sort through and pick one from in the WEEK before prom.

And suddenly, Jack is like Mr. Popular... (See what I mean about realistic-fiction? Would this really happen? My sources say no.) So all of a sudden he goes from having two dates in two years (I believe) and having kissed ONE girl, to having girls falling all over him and wanting to make out... haha... (Oh no! Every teenage boy's nightmare!)

So the book tells the story of how he figures out "love" and stays true to himself, even though some of the most beautiful, popular girls are among the 24... :) It was really cute and funny... :) ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
Very fun - I liked that it didn't go the places I anticipated. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
A breezy, fun read about a guy, Jack, whose best friends put an ad on his behalf in their school's online newspaper to advertise for a prom date. He has a week to go on 24 dates and find his date to the prom.
As Jack tries to navigate this strange situation, he gets some wise words along the way from the mysterious FancyPants. While his friends have his best interests at heart, they aren't always honest with Jack, whose week pushes his boundaries.
I really liked this line, "The worst thing that people can really do is say 'no' to you. And 'no' isn't that bad because eventually it helps point you in the right direction, I think. Helps you find 'yes'." (254) ( )
  ewyatt | Jul 5, 2012 |
24 Girls started out strong, but as I reached the half way point, I realized that I'd slowly begun to care less and less what happened to our hero. It's a really interesting premise, where a likeable guy's best friends post a joke ad for a prom date and he gets a list of possible girls, all of whom are not right in some way because he's been talking to someone called FancyPants online and we all know where that's heading. As much as I enjoyed the opening, it lost steam after the first third and I really didn't care anymore. I skimmed the last part of the book just to find out who FancyPants was. ( )
  strongpieces | Jan 20, 2012 |

There are few things sadder than Jack Grammar’s love life. So when his friends take it upon themselves to get him a date to the prom by placing an intensely humiliating ad in the school paper, they think they are doing him a favor. Jack doesn’t agree. But then the most amazing thing happens: responses to the ad are overwhelming. So overwhelming, in fact, that Jack must narrow the list down. A lot. Not an easy task. Turns out, the girls at City High are quite competitive. From drive-by flashings to breaking and entering to cell phone stalkers, these potential prom dates will stop at nothing to snag the suddenly popular Jack. How will he ever choose just one?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:31 -0400)

Jack Grammar, average American senior, has no date to the prom. Or so he thinks. Percy and Natalie, Jack's so-called best friends, post an ad in the classified section of the online version of the school newspaper. They figure it couldn't hurt. After all, there's not much in this world sadder than Jack's love life. Soon Percy and Natalie have assembled a list of girls eager to go to the prom with Jack, including one mysterious girl known only as FancyPants. He has just seven days to meet and date them before he will ask one special girl to the prom.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible