The Orchid Sister by Anne D. LeClaire

The Orchid Sister (edition 2019)

by Anne D. LeClaire (Author)

1421,105,615 (3)None
From the bestselling author of The Halo Effect comes a heart-racing novel of love, suspense, and the unbreakable bond between sisters. The people you love are taken from you. That's what Maddie DiMarco learned when she survived the plane crash that killed her parents. Fifteen years later, the scars remain. And the ones no can see are hardest to heal. Since the accident, Maddie's avoided the unpredictable and uncaring outside world, including any relationships--except for the one with her devoted older sister, Kat, who has always been there for her. When Maddie meets handsome pilot Jack Moroni, she finally begins to let down her guard. But just as quickly, her hope and trust are once again shattered when a plane crash forces her to revisit her traumatic past. Maddie turns to her sister for comfort and guidance, only to realize that Kat is missing. But Kat hasn't vanished without a trace. An investigative journalist, she's left behind a subtle trail of clues leading to the mysterious, myth-shrouded Yucatán coast of Mexico. To follow it, Maddie must confront her deepest fears--of flying, of intimacy, and of loss. She hopes that in doing so, she will find her sister. And if she's lucky, she may also find herself along the way.… (more)
Member:Marilyn95
Title:The Orchid Sister
Authors:Anne D. LeClaire (Author)
Info:Lake Union Publishing (2019), 302 pages
Rating:***

The Orchid Sister by Anne D. LeClaire

The best description for this book/series in 10 words or less:
"Woman with unresolved PTSD throws herself into a PTSD situation."

I really struggled with this book. I did not feel very engaged, and it was hard for me to focus on the story in general. I really liked the mystery portion of this book. It was really the only thing keeping me from marking it as a Did Not Finish read. That is why I gave it a generous 2.50 rating.

I found the main character, Maddie, a bit annoying. I understand that she’s gone through a lot of trauma but it was hard to read through her chapters. The other main character, Kat, is not much better since she didn’t seem the brightest bulb in the bunch. I felt that all the characters were pretty flat.

It was tough to get into especially will all five characters’ different points of view, which was not very well executed and also unnecessary. I think the only two characters that needed their own points of view are Maddie and Kat. The other three took away from the novel instead of adding to it.

Some of the issues that happened I actually felt pretty disturbed and thought it was extremely unnecessary.

Refer to my blog for a different view of this review:

Check out other books in my personal library for reviews and recommendations:
https://literarymary.libib.com/ ( )

Fraulo, MarianneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Liatis, MariaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nittoso, JenniferNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thomas, EdwardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,747,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible