The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's…

The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose (edition 2019)

by Oprah Winfrey (Author)

Everyone has a purpose. And, according to Oprah Winfrey, "Your real job in life is to figure out as soon as possible what that is, who you are meant to be, and begin to honor your calling in the best way possible." That journey starts right here. In her latest book,The Path Made Clear, Oprah shares what she sees as a guide for activating your deepest vision of yourself, offering the framework for creating not just a life of success, but one of significance. The book's ten chapters are organized to help you recognize the important milestones along the road to self-discovery, laying out what you really need in order to achieve personal contentment, and what life's detours are there to teach us. Oprah opens each chapter by sharing her own key lessons and the personal stories that helped set the course for her best life. She then brings together wisdom and insights from luminaries in a wide array of fields, inspiring readers to consider what they're meant to do in the world and how to pursue it with passion and focus. Renowned figures such as Eckhart Tolle, Brene Brown, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Elizabeth Gilbert, Jay-Z, and Ellen DeGeneres share the greatest lessons from their own journeys toward a life filled with purpose. Paired with over 100 awe-inspiring photographs to help illuminate the wisdom of these messages,The Path Made Clear provides readers with a beautiful resource for achieving a life lived in service of your calling - whatever it may be.… (more)
Member:Maille
Title:The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
Authors:Oprah Winfrey (Author)
Info:Flatiron Books (2019), 208 pages
Collections:Wishlist

The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose by Oprah Winfrey

A lovely collection of nuggets of wisdom and insight shared by various thinkers and actors, collected in thematic chapters. ( )
  PlanCultivateCreate | Oct 26, 2019 |
Oprah along with a few good friends relate their theory on what our purpose is here on earth and how to find it. The advice is both insightful and thought provoking. It is also plentiful. There is so much to digest that I find I need to listen to it again and perhaps this time take notes! Lots of notes. ( )
  CathyM78 | Sep 17, 2019 |
The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life’s Direction and Purpose

I Picked Up This Book Because: Oprah

The Story:

Nothing is clear and nothing has been discovered. I fault myself I should have paid more attention to how this book was presented before I began listening. It’s a personal think that I don’t like when information is presented to me piecemeal. I feel like I need full conversations to make the connections and learn what is actually being spoken about. This book is just a lot of quotes from conversations/interviews that Oprah has done. Yes there were some inspiring tidbits but a lot of it was cliche. And I know cliches are cliches for a reason but I did not feel inspired by most of them. There was one quote by Gary Zukov that gained my attention, something to the effect of whatever you put out into the universe you will receive back from the universe. Again not new but it hit me in a place of thought.

With all that being said, did I get much out of the book? No. Do I think other people will? Yes. I have recommended this book to my cousin before I even got though chapter 4. I know this is her type of reading.

The Random Thoughts:

2.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 18, 2019 |
The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Lifes Direction and Purpose
by Oprah Winfrey
2019
Oprah Books/ Flatiron

Each chapter of this short book begins with a short essay written by Oprah, followed by quotes from various well-known people, relating to the theme of the chapter and essay. Many of the quotes are empowering, but, I enjoyed the essays by Oprah most. The pictures are full page, in color, and are gorgeous and relate to the theme of the chapter. This part of the book is done wonderfully.
Overall, I was disappointed. Although there are a mildly diverse set of people quoted, the quotes are all focussed on a conservative and religion-based ideology. No diversity. It left me feeling dry, not invigorated, but I am sure many people will love this and it will resonate and inspire them. Oprah is an amazing woman. Her charisma is contagious. ( )
  over.the.edge | May 31, 2019 |
The subtitle is discovering your life's direction and purpose, but I do not really feel like the book delivered that. Each chapter has a topic and a few pages written by Winfrey. Then what follows are topically arranged quotes by other people (I assume these people are famous, some I had never heard of). While some of these short stories/quotes were inspirational, all in all I felt like this book was more in line with a book of inspirational quotes then instructions on discovering your life's direction. That being said, the art is beautiful and, as a book of quotes, the book works. I guess I just felt the title was misleading. ( )
  dcoward | May 13, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,568,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible