Girls in Love by Jacqueline Wilson

Girls in Love (1997)

by Jacqueline Wilson

English (4)  Swedish (1)  All languages (5)
Aww, what a sweet book of innocence and shattered innocence. Of love and heartbreak. I felt a connection with each of the characters in this book and it was possibly one of the most important books of my early teens. If you are between 11 and 15/16 then you should read this book. A very cute read! ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |
I like this book because it is very teenage. For Teenageres it is likelyto be liked. Mostly to the people who have been in love or are in love. BEAUTIFUL!
  malish1234 | Oct 12, 2011 |
More from Jacqueline Wilson, same old same old, I'm sorry but I don't find her books have much substance. They are popular because they are easy to read, and don't require much thinking, which is fine, I don't have a problem with children reading this sort of thing, as long as they are also reading something that has more to it and that can stretch their imagination a bit more. ( )
  LibraryLou | Aug 20, 2007 |
This is the first book in the GIRLS quartet. It's british, and funny, and very short. I liked it.
  bebosafetycow | Jul 14, 2006 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 044022957X, Mass Market Paperback)

Ellie is starting ninth grade and she's dead set on finding herself a boyfriend. Her two best friends seem to have all the luck in the love department, but our heroine will stop at nothing to join the ranks. Even if it means pretending her 12-year-old pen pal is her gorgeous, head-over-heels-in-love beau. Naturally, chaos ensues, as it always does when one tries to live a lie, but with Ellie's dry, self-deprecating wit and the antics of her boy-crazy buddies, this is sure to be a year to remember.

Jacqueline Wilson, prolific author of more than 50 books, several of which have been short-listed or runners-up for the Carnegie Medal, pens a hilarious and authentic story about girls in love (or something like it). Readers will eat up the clever wordplay and painfully funny subplots, and will eagerly anticipate the other titles in the sequence, Girls Under Pressure and Girls Out Late. (Ages 12 to 16) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:51 -0400)

Ellie is planning to recreate herself in every way now that she is in ninth grade, but in order to get a boyfriend, she realizes that she may have to settle for just about anyone if she wants to get one quickly.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,804,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible