Girls in Love (1997)

by Jacqueline Wilson

Series: Girls Quartet (1)

Ellie Allard faces the impossible challenges of ninth-grade life--boys, clothes, parents--but she has her friends, her drawing, and her sense of humor to get her through the rough spots.

English (5)  Swedish (1)  All languages (6)

A good book for teenagers - aimed more at girls than boys, with an honest story about relationships, status, hideous embarrassment and BOYS. It didn't wow me quite as much as the other books I've read by the same author, but I'm not the target audience and I'd happily get it for those who are. ( )
  nwhyte | Sep 12, 2015 |
Aww, what a sweet book of innocence and shattered innocence. Of love and heartbreak. I felt a connection with each of the characters in this book and it was possibly one of the most important books of my early teens. If you are between 11 and 15/16 then you should read this book. A very cute read! ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |
I like this book because it is very teenage. For Teenageres it is likelyto be liked. Mostly to the people who have been in love or are in love. BEAUTIFUL!
  malish1234 | Oct 12, 2011 |
More from Jacqueline Wilson, same old same old, I'm sorry but I don't find her books have much substance. They are popular because they are easy to read, and don't require much thinking, which is fine, I don't have a problem with children reading this sort of thing, as long as they are also reading something that has more to it and that can stretch their imagination a bit more. ( )
  LibraryLou | Aug 20, 2007 |
This is the first book in the GIRLS quartet. It's british, and funny, and very short. I liked it.
  bebosafetycow | Jul 14, 2006 |

Jacqueline Wilsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sharratt, NickIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,808,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible