Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger…

Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger (Spanish Edition) (edition 2011)

by Markus Zusak, Matuca Fernandez de Villavicencio (Translator)

4,2202561,180 (4.07)379
Member:fvernalte
Title:Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Markus Zusak
Other authors:Matuca Fernandez de Villavicencio (Translator)
Info:Lumeneditorial (2011), Edition: Tra, Hardcover, 383 pages
Rating:**
Tags:jóvenes, azar, amistad, ayudar al prójimo, futuro incierto

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (rosylibrarian)
    Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey (KimarieBee)
    KimarieBee: Australian author and storyline
    Wizard of the Pigeons by Robin Hobb (KimarieBee)
    KimarieBee: Not alike in storyline, but both somewhat unusual with memorable main characters.
    Going Nowhere Faster by Sean Beaudoin (meggyweg)

English (240)  German (5)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (256)
Fantastic. Witty and funny but also overwhelmingly beautiful. The language and cadence of this book is like a heartbeat, steadily drumming onward. The overall effect is surprisingly genuine. (I'll admit that the ending is a bit crap, like others have said in reviews, but it still can't detour this story) ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
Allan Corduner
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is one of those books that I actually feel kind of shameful for loving so much because it's so, so obvious. You can kind of tell the way things are going to end up from the beginning and the I can't put my finger on what it was that engaged my feelings in a way that The Book Thief left me completely cold - I think it was perhaps that this book was less trying to be emotionally manipulative and more trying to be philosophically manipulative, if that's a thing? Anyway, this book is a little clever and a lot fun, and I'd recommend it as long as sheer obviousness of theme won't bother you too much!
  thebookmagpie | Mar 13, 2016 |
A little preachy but like the writing. ( )
  ibkennedy | Feb 27, 2016 |
Good, but not as good as The Book Thief. ( )
  joyhclark | Feb 9, 2016 |

dig deep through the spades

feel the hearts
For Scout
The gunman is useless.
It feels like the mornings clap their hands.
To make me wake. [75]
Originally published as "The Messenger" in Australia.

Nineteen-year-old Ed Kennedy is the epitome of pathetic mediocrity. He drives a cab, lives in a run-down shack with his malodorous dog, and plays cards with his friends Ritchie, Marv and Audrey. His life is completely devoid of purpose or significance – until he manages to foil a botched bank robbery, and someone, somewhere, decides that it’s time for Ed to become the messenger. Guided by playing cards left in his mailbox, he must venture from his shack to help people the rest of the world has abandoned. Not all of Ed’s tasks are easy, however, and the true purpose of his messages may be more than it seems.

protect the diamonds
survive the clubs
dig deep through the spades
feel the hearts

Ed Kennedy is an underage cabdriver without much of a future. He's pathetic at playing cards, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey, and utterly devoted to his coffee-drinking dog, the Doorman. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery.

That's when the first ace arrives in the mail.

That's when Ed becomes the messenger.

Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary) until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?
A 2005 Michael L. Printz Honor Book and recipient of five starred reviews, I Am the Messenger is a cryptic journey filled with laughter, fists, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:08 -0400)

Ed Kennedy is a nineteen-year-old cab driver who doesn't think much of his life. He inadvertently helps stop a bank robbery, and that is when his life starts to change. He begins to receive mysterious messages that instruct him to go to addresses where people need help. Ed becomes the messenger, but who is behind the messages? Meet Ed Kennedy - underage cabdriver, pathetic cardplayer, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack with his coffee-addicted dog, the Doorman, and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence, until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery. That's when the first Ace arrives. That's when Ed becomes the messenger. Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary), until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,806,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible