Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger…

Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger (Spanish Edition) (edition 2011)

by Markus Zusak, Matuca Fernandez de Villavicencio (Translator)

Member:fvernalte
Title:Cartas cruzadas / I am the Messenger (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Markus Zusak
Other authors:Matuca Fernandez de Villavicencio (Translator)
Info:Lumeneditorial (2011), Edition: Tra, Hardcover, 383 pages
Rating:**
Tags:jóvenes, azar, amistad, ayudar al prójimo, futuro incierto

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Recently added byjevins, private library, alexanhale, MusiaB, Thalassic, nikki1234, emily.underwood
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (rosylibrarian)
    Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey (KimarieBee)
    KimarieBee: Australian author and storyline
    Wizard of the Pigeons by Megan Lindholm (KimarieBee)
    KimarieBee: Not alike in storyline, but both somewhat unusual with memorable main characters.
    Going Nowhere Faster by Sean Beaudoin (meggyweg)

English (251)  German (5)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All (267)
I have really mixed feelings on this book. Definitely not for kids in my view but it kept me intrigued enough that I finished it. Mixed ethics and morality will make most people uncomfortable, I suspect. ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |
I am looking forward to this one. I know it can't possibly beat Book Thief, but same author. Can't be bad.

Finished! I really liked this book. This author is amazing. The first chapter made me about pee my pants. Then it totally turned and became this really deep, multi-layered book. I can't wait to read others from this guy. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
A young man stops a bank robbery and ends up becoming the unwilling messenger when he receives playing cards with clues to his missions. Pretty good story, a bit beyond reality, and the ending seemed to me to be loosely put together. ( )
  addunn3 | Jan 26, 2017 |
Deeply disliked this book. Very manipulative and sentimental. Ed Kennedy receives mysterious messages on face cards that turn out to be people in need of acts of service. Ok. But there isn't a single believable character here, and the "twist" at the end of the book that the one sending the messages is the author was just dumb. ( )
1 vote jalbacutler | Jan 12, 2017 |
This was a good book but I enjoyed "The Book Thief" better. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |

dig deep through the spades

feel the hearts
For Scout
The gunman is useless.
It feels like the mornings clap their hands.
To make me wake. [75]
Originally published as "The Messenger" in Australia.

Nineteen-year-old Ed Kennedy is the epitome of pathetic mediocrity. He drives a cab, lives in a run-down shack with his malodorous dog, and plays cards with his friends Ritchie, Marv and Audrey. His life is completely devoid of purpose or significance – until he manages to foil a botched bank robbery, and someone, somewhere, decides that it’s time for Ed to become the messenger. Guided by playing cards left in his mailbox, he must venture from his shack to help people the rest of the world has abandoned. Not all of Ed’s tasks are easy, however, and the true purpose of his messages may be more than it seems.

protect the diamonds
survive the clubs
dig deep through the spades
feel the hearts

Ed Kennedy is an underage cabdriver without much of a future. He's pathetic at playing cards, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey, and utterly devoted to his coffee-drinking dog, the Doorman. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery.

That's when the first ace arrives in the mail.

That's when Ed becomes the messenger.

Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary) until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?
A 2005 Michael L. Printz Honor Book and recipient of five starred reviews, I Am the Messenger is a cryptic journey filled with laughter, fists, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:08 -0400)

Ed Kennedy is a nineteen-year-old cab driver who doesn't think much of his life. He inadvertently helps stop a bank robbery, and that is when his life starts to change. He begins to receive mysterious messages that instruct him to go to addresses where people need help. Ed becomes the messenger, but who is behind the messages? Meet Ed Kennedy - underage cabdriver, pathetic cardplayer, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack with his coffee-addicted dog, the Doorman, and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence, until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery. That's when the first Ace arrives. That's when Ed becomes the messenger. Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary), until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,787,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible