The Family Book by Todd Parr

The Family Book (edition 2003)

by Todd Parr

Member:LCPLibrary
Title:The Family Book
Authors:Todd Parr
Info:
Tags:Family

The Family Book by Todd Parr

A multicultural book that shows children that it's okay to have different family dynamics. ( )
  ambreecote | Oct 29, 2018 |
This is a perfect book for a classroom. The age level is kinda young but it sends a good message about the different types of families and how they are all different but still families. ( )
  s_cat1 | Oct 1, 2018 |
This is a cute and colorful book about different types of families and all the different people who can make up a family and how it looks different or the same to your family depending on one's own experiences. ( )
  cvoller | Feb 20, 2018 |
Summary: This book is informational about all of the many types of families there are. It reads how some families live close, some live far; some families have two moms, some have two dads.
Personal Reaction: This book has the capability to be a gift to someone who is too little to understand why things go like they do. Coming from a broken home, I understand how hard it can be to understand sometimes. This book was very sweet.
Classroom Extensions:
1.In the classroom, we could discuss the members of our family and talk about how different we each are.
2.We could also discuss how even though we have different home lives, there are still many ways that we are the same.
  kaseycook | Oct 5, 2017 |
The Family Book by Todd Parr embraces the differences between families. Not all children have a two parent household, not all families have biological children. This book shows that it is okay for your family to be different. The illustrations are brightly colored and people are not the only characters. The book is great for early childhood classes short and colorful.
I would have students bring family pictures to class and we would discuss how our families are alike and different.
  Timmiej | Jul 15, 2017 |
For my Family-who sometimes did not understand me, but encouraged me to go after everything I wanted even when we did not agree. As I now realize-this takes a lot of love to do. -T.P.
Some families are big

Represents a variety of families, some big and some small, some with only one parent and some with two moms or dads, some quiet and some noisy, but all alike in some ways and special no matter what.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:07 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,871,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible