Supernova

by Marissa Meyer

Series: Renegades (3)

All's fair in love and anarchy... Supernova, the epic conclusion toNew York Times bestselling author Marissa Meyer's thrilling Renegades Trilogy finds Nova and Adrian struggling to keep their secret identities concealed while the battle rages on between their alter egos, their allies, and their greatest fears come to life. Secrets, lies, and betrayals are revealed as anarchy once again threatens to reclaim Gatlon City.… (more)

Supernova finalizes the Rengades trilogy. I never like to say much with books from a series because I don't want to give anything away.

Nova and Ace Anarchy will take down the Renegades if she can just get him the helmet. She's on borrowed time when the helmet disappears and new allies (or enemies) emerge. It's early in the novel when Nova is discovered. With Nightmare and the Sentinel being Nova and Adrian's secret identifies, they are bound to discover these secrets as they try to save some people and make a better society for ALL prodigies.

I was stressed out throughout most of the novel because Nova was discovered so early in the novel; I couldn't figure out how it could all work out. Be prepared to lose a few characters you may have liked and be prepared for all out war. Even though this is the final book in the trilogy, the end leaves room for more. You'll also discover the truth behind Nova's family and Adrian's mother's death. It's quite riveting! ( )
  acargile | May 4, 2020 |
The Renegades trilogy has been amazing to read and I thought this book was a strong finish for the books, only I'm really hoping the author finds a way to continue this story (maybe a sequel trilogy, because I've got thoughts about that epilogue). At the conclusion of the previous book, I wasn't certain how all the storylines might get tied up and I'm still a bit surprised at how much happened in this final volume. There are plenty of twists and turns and an ending that concludes much of the tale. If you've been enjoying this trilogy, this book won't disappoint. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Dec 8, 2019 |
In this final volume of the trilogy both Adrian and Nova must face the repercussions of the lies they've told as the great conflict between the Renegades and Anarchists comes to a dramatic head.

A solid resolution to this YA superhero tale. Obviously there's a lot of plot to wrap up and plenty of action to go around by Meyer manages to space it out well some quieter beats so that the reader doesn't feel exhausted by the sheer volume of everything going on. Fans of the series should be very happy with this final volume. Also, how gorgeous is that cover? ( )
  MickyFine | Nov 27, 2019 |
In this thrilling conclusion to the Renegades trilogy, it all culminates with Nova's decision of loyalty. Raised an Anarchist, walking among the Renegades. The choice isn't easy when she has loved ones on both sides.

There were more epic battles and social commentaries about the ethics of stripping a person's power from them. Discussions of fear and bravery. Can a Renegade still be a hero without their power?

Nova struggles with her loyalties but emerges as the best team player. Adrian becomes a better leader. Even though he's young and sometimes blinded by love, he learns to assign information to specific members of his patrol team. He has better control of situations and makes firmer decisions. Their relationship grows based on their trust for one another.

It's an exciting read in the moment. In a world where we as an audience may be experiencing superhero story fatigue because of all the Disney Marvel movies, Fox Marvel movies, Marvel TV shows, My Hero Academia anime, it's easy to believe that there will always be a happy ending. My favorite character died but I've always known Meyer was capable of heartbreak having read her fanfiction before becoming a published author.

There were some issues I honestly believe were because Meyer didn't intend for this story to become so big. It's not a spoiler but the issues are the same I had with the Divergent series. Veronica Roth's words were forever immortalized when she said she had no idea how to continue the story. Marissa Meyer also said something about feeling frustrated with this story. It's not a bad thing but it's worth mentioning. At one point the overuse of ellipses started to have me question how important any of those pauses really were.

If you can accept the campy feeling of a Marvel movie, the cheesy heroic catchphrases in this story won't annoy you that much.

I can't say this was Marissa Meyer's best work yet but knowing that she spent much longer on her previous series than this one, it shows. One thing she has nailed every time is ending a story with hope and resolution. It's never quite over but life moves on. ( )
  Jessika.C | Nov 9, 2019 |
I received this e-book chapter sampler of Supernova by Marissa Meyer through Net Galley from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group in exchange for a truthful review.

I've been waiting for the conclusion to the Renegades Trilogy and receiving this 7 chapter sampler filled the gap until the novel is released (tomorrow, I think, hooray)!

These first chapters continue the the adventure of the Renegades and the Anarchists, picking up the day after the explosive conclusion to Archenemies (Book 2). These chapters did a great job summarizing how things were when we last saw Nova and Adrian, while setting the stage for the difficulties each will face in this finale, fighting between lies, loyalties and love.

It will be epic to see how their society survives and in what form!

(I'll edit this review when I receive and finish the FULL novel). ( )
  deslivres5 | Nov 4, 2019 |

Marissa Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ball, RobertCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deas, RichCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Uncle Bob, who helped me be myself.
Everyone has a nightmare.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,476,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible