The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying…

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires (original 2020; edition 2020)

by Grady Hendrix (Author)

"Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias meet Dracula in this Southern-flavored supernatural thriller set in the '90s about a women's book club that must protect its suburban community from a mysterious and handsome stranger who turns out to be a real monster"--
Member:nakeshabrownreads
Title:The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
Authors:Grady Hendrix (Author)
Info:Quirk Books (2020), 408 pages

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix (2020)

I don't like to go in with many ideas about the book; I usually try not to read any reviews. It may sound awful, but I usually pick a book based off of the cover.

This book was perfect for October, just before Halloween. I HATED it! I'm not much for horror, and this was so detailed! But on the other hand, I absolutely could not put it down and finished it in mere days (which, for me, means I was captivated).

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires was disgusting, disturbing, and magnificent. I cannot recommend it enough - and I didn't even like it!
  NesPer | Oct 26, 2020 |
Loving this book so far! I can't put it down!
  jpurdy | Oct 23, 2020 |
It was more a commentary on societal sexism than a vampire romp, but it was still good. I was just hoping for more Buffy with a Southern feel than there was. ( )
  CC17 | Oct 22, 2020 |
Easy read
  ypellegrino | Oct 17, 2020 |
This is a fun and silly book about a Southern suburban housewife who is very suspicious when a new guy comes to town. She reads a lot of true crime and horror novels, and becomes convinced that he's a vampire. She tries to get the other women in her book club to help her do something about it, but it takes a while to convince them.

The book is funny, engaging, and fun. There is some gore, and some disturbing scenes with rats and brief descriptions of rape, but this is more campy horror than scary horror. ( )
1 vote Gwendydd | Oct 17, 2020 |

Grady Hendrix is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,763,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible