Where Is My Balloon? by Ariel Bernstein

Where Is My Balloon? (original 2019; edition 2019)

by Ariel Bernstein (Author), Scott Magoon (Illustrator)

Series: I Have A Balloon (2)

"Fans of Elephant and Piggie will be right at home with the humor and the repartee." --Kirkus Reviews "Vibrant art and a comical text make this a great pick for storytime." --Booklist Owl and Monkey from I Have a Balloon are back! But what happened to Owl's balloon? Find out in this hilarious picture book about making mistakes and finding forgiveness. Owl has a balloon. Monkey has a sock with a star and a perfectly shaped hole. But then Owl asks Monkey to hold his balloon, just for a second. What do you think happens? POP! When Owl returns and asks for his balloon, Monkey offers him everything under the sun...except for the balloon. Can their friendship survive this catastrophe? Kirkus Reviews praised Owl and Monkey's first adventure, I Have a Balloon, "This tightly paced narrative soars," in a starred review.… (more)
Member:melodyreads
Title:Where Is My Balloon?
Authors:Ariel Bernstein (Author)
Other authors:Scott Magoon (Illustrator)
Info:Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books (2019), Edition: Illustrated, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Where Is My Balloon? by Ariel Bernstein (2019)

cute story ... ( )
  melodyreads | Jan 13, 2021 |
Owl and Monkey, the one in possession of a big, red balloon, the other the owner of a sock with a star on it, return in this follow-up to their initial adventure, I Have a Balloon. When Owl leaves his balloon in Monkey's care, and Monkey's playing around causes it to pop, this leads to trouble, as the simian mischief-maker attempts to find a replacement, and his strigine friend becomes ever more irate. Then Owl loses his cool, destroying Monkey's sock in the process, and thereby endangering their tentative rapprochement...

Like its predecessor, Where Is My Balloon? pairs a simple, dialogue-centered text with colorful, attention-grabbing illustrations. I don't know that I enjoyed it as much as the first book, but I do think its format lends itself to the same kind of entertaining storytelling that Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie books do. The back-and-forth of the two characters, in those books, always makes for a hit at story-time, and I suspect these books will have the same appeal. Recommended to anyone who has read and enjoyed the first book about Monkey and Owl, and to anyone looking for somewhat snarky picture-book romps with a somewhat less-than-sweet take on friendship. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Feb 21, 2019 |

Ariel Bernsteinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Magoon, ScottIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For my parents, for everything -- A. B.
For Ariel Bernstein -- S. M.
I have a balloon.

Owl and Monkey from I Have a Balloon are back! But what happened to Owl’s balloon? Find out in this hilarious picture book about making mistakes and finding forgiveness.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,742,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible