The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume…

The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming

by Kelvyn Fernandes

621,838,675 (4)None

I won this book through a Member Giveaway via LibraryThing. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume 1: The Homecoming takes us on an adventure filled with lots of magic and weird creatures. We get to travel with our two fearless leaders as they fight battles and deal with evil people and creatures. With the help of some new friends, the pair is able to win many fierce battles and ultimately survive their trials so far.

This book was very hard to get into despite it jumping right into the action with Peter and Fi on their first adventure of the book. I was about halfway through before I actually got into the story. Unfortunately, I didn't stay interested for long. I found my interest kept flopping back and forth from extremely bored to very interested, spending more time on the bored side. The writing was descriptive, I didnt feel anything was out of place or seemed off. The characters were painted well and it felt like I got to know the characters really well over the course of the book. One thing I liked was how it would be describing normal fantastical adventures and BOOM! All of a sudden we would find ourselves in a gory scene that seemed to of come out of nowhere. While unexpected, they were well done and I found these to take place in the most interesting parts of the book.

"An audible groan escaped from the man as his blood began to pour through the spout and fill Peter’s teacup."

See? Totally random and creepy right?

So what's wrong with this book? I can't pinpoint why I was not able to just lose myself in it. I can't tell you exactly what it was that made me not enjoy it. As this is the second "fantasy adventure" book I have read this year and not enjoyed (without obvious reason), I believe it has more to do with personal growth than the actual book. A few years ago I think I would of really enjoyed it. I would recommend this book for people who want to experience adventure during storytime. There is a lot of it in here and for the right person it would definitely be worth their time. ( )
  SamanthaPearl | Apr 3, 2019 |
This book is the first volume in a series. The book comes with a few hiccups. However, it is still well written and provides
the reader with an enjoyable and thrilling series of of adventures most of which are stops on a journey with two quests involved. The story telling gets very dark especially at one point so this book is aimed at adults not children. ( )
  Hinal23431 | Mar 21, 2019 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kelvyn Fernandes's book The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming is currently available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kelvyn Fernandes is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,169,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible